Hey, I've been messing around with my Digitech, and it's got some good clean effects on it, but the distortions sound too muddy with the bass and don't sound all that distorted on guitar, so I was wondering if there was a distortion that wasn't muddy with bass and had a heavy feel to it on guitar. I've been thinking about the Big Muff, but I've never heard it used with a guitar.
The Big Muff was made for the guitar and not the bass, but bass players love it. It will be heavy, but somewhat muddy on both instruments. Great pedal, nonetheless.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
rocktron metal planet? ehx metal muff with top boost?

their are plenty that would suit you fine, since you most likely can't hear the difference between a line 6 spider or a bogner uberschall
I got a MXR classic distortion pedal for $15. Sounds great for rock and metal.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
The Big Muff was made for the guitar and not the bass, but bass players love it. It will be heavy, but somewhat muddy on both instruments. Great pedal, nonetheless.

Ah, ok, I didn't know that. Any certain one you'd recommend?

Quote by Voltaire1
rocktron metal planet? ehx metal muff with top boost?

their are plenty that would suit you fine, since you most likely can't hear the difference between a line 6 spider or a bogner uberschall

The Rocktron sounds good, and so does the Metal Muff, I'll consider those.

And I edited my sig for people like you that think I wanted the Spider.
What kind of stuff will you be playing?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Alex Vik
And I edited my sig for people like you that think I wanted the Spider.

honestly, you're hoping to trade it in for a roland cube (which will sound just as "good" with a distortion pedal as the spider)

why not save up a bit more and put the money you're gonna be spending on a pedal towards a better amp.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
rat
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

^My friend said that they sound a lot better than the Spider III, and I use my bass amp for most guitar stuff anyways, and the Acoustic sounds good with the effects.
(directed to post above 'rat')

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
What kind of stuff will you be playing?

Quote by Mitchell?
What kind of tone do you want?

A MI Audio Crunch Box is only a bit over budget.

I was looking for a Metallica type of sound, and I play hard rock and metal stuff.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Mar 22, 2009,
Quote by Alex Vik
^My friend said that they sound a lot better than the Spider III

well maybe you should try it first. spending $100 on a distortion pedal for a cube sounds pointless to me
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless