I am looking for a band but don't know anybody that can meet the standards. All the people I know don't play their instrument well, arn't serious about amaking a band, or don't like the music i wanna play. So can someone please give me advice.
uh......ads? look in the right forum maybe?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
dude if it was easy finding the "right" people, there would be a hell of a lot more bands but that isnt the case. In time you will find people, but YOU gotta find em cuz they most likely wont find you unless you put yourself out there
Quote by iplayibanezrg
dude if it was easy finding the "right" people everyone there would be a hell of a lot more banda but that isnt the case. In time you will find people but you gotta find em cuz they most likely wont find you!

true but i live in a place where there is next to nobody
Get on Craigslist. It's a pain, especially because there are a lot of half-assed instrument owners (read: not musicians) and people who "totally do well on karaoke" and think they can sing.

My band's been looking for a vocalist for months and most of the people we get replying are a joke. There have been a couple decent ones who just weren't a good fit, but yeah. You've gotta put yourself out there and try out as many people as you possibly can. Just be paitent, it's a headache going through some of the auditions.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play