Ok, so I'm 22. I've been playing since I was 16.

Just a couple of days ago I experienced a breakthrough in my guitar playing. I went from not being able to truly express myself, like feeling I was missing something in my playing, to being able to say exactly what I want. I feel I can almost speak freely through the guitar now.

I don't really know how to express it very well.

I really just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar recently. Going from feeling that something is missing in your playing to feeling it has become whole and complete. To sounding like you've always wanted to hear yourself play.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Seems to always happen to me. Things just click into place one day and you move to the next level of playing.
That feeling of knowing what to play hasn't happened to me, yet, though it feels great when things click.

Like this other day I was practicing these chords and then, all of a sudden, it just click on how to use them. I still am slow to actually use them quickly enough, but I do feel like I'm headed in the right direction.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Quote by SilverDark
That feeling of knowing what to play hasn't happened to me, yet, though it feels great when things click.

Like this other day I was practicing these chords and then, all of a sudden, it just click on how to use them. I still am slow to actually use them quickly enough, but I do feel like I'm headed in the right direction.

This.
I love it how, as you practice, you gradually, yet slowly, improve.
Yet all of a sudden one day you wake up and it just "clicks", and you jump a whole level ahead in your playing.

Edit: And yeah, I haven't gotten the feeling of knowing what to play yet, but I've experienced a few breakthroughs every once in a while, none that huge yet. D:
I'm still on noob status myself, haven't gotten anywhere near being able to express anything, lmao... except the loud sound noobs make that sound like farts or something, lmao.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!