Basically, I'm having trouble getting pinch harmonics to be loud. I can get them to sound, but they are very quiet when they do. I have an acoustic guitar. Any suggestions on how to make them play louder? Thanks
Well generally with an coustic they wont be very loud. Umm the only thing I can think of is if you are using an electric acoustic with a pickup, to try and pick directly above the pickup.

Other wise I have no clue lol
Quote by Goldenhawk11
Basically, I'm having trouble getting pinch harmonics to be loud. I can get them to sound, but they are very quiet when they do. I have an acoustic guitar. Any suggestions on how to make them play louder? Thanks

I found your problem
pinch harmonics don't sound well on an acoustic, natural harmonics sound awesome. i suggest not worrying about playing ph's, as they have little use on an acoustic
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Distortion makes them louder, except on acoustic you really don't have much help there. Maybe fool around with an EQ for an electric acoustic but that's all I can think of.
do you have an electric?
if so then use that with a high gain distortion to get them to sound nice
Quote by Oroborous
I found your problem

i agree lol
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
Generally, doing pinch or arfiticial harmonics on an acoustic tends to not work out very well, as the harmonics are just that: harmonics. And anything but natural harmonics usually won't be loud, because they're a harmonic and not the basenote.

You usually pull them best of on an electric, possibly an elec-acoustic. But the harmonics tend to need amplifications in order to hear them.
Also, having the gain and treble turned up high helps when you want to get the squeals out of your pinches.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Thanks, I can get natural harmonics to sound well, but not pinch harmonics. Oh, well. Just gonna have to wait until I get enough money for a Stratocaster knock-off. Thanks for the advice!