I played the combo for a while. Overall it sounds pretty good. Not as natural as you would expect from a tube amp however, it is, to an extent a hybrid amp.

The onboard effects sound nice. I can't tell you much about whether or not you can save presets, I would assume you could.

the gain channel doesn't need an overdrive. Has a very tight feel, lots of low end, a good amount of headroom.

I would look for one used, they sell for rather low prices.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Apparently you can save presets with their footswitch. It sounds okay from the few youtube videos I have seen, and the effects do seem to be rather nice compared to alot of other amps with this type of built in effects. Def something I'd have to try out before buying.
The first order of business to do with the Switchblade is to take the factory footswitch and rid yourself of it. The second order of business is to get a halfway decent Midi controller.

It's amazingly versatile, and the ability to have completely different settings dialed in for each preset is more useful than a lot of people realize. The preamp section is actually less like the preamp section in a tube amp and more like the preamp section in a hybrid (think Marshall AVT but a LOT better). I was quite impressed with the amp and have often considered obtaining one.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
lol my footswitch arrived doa. end up spending around 80 bucks to swap out the cheap cable and replace it with the industries standard. however there is also one more down fall on this amp. the buzz and feedback are horrid once you put the gain past 6/10, a hush pedal or noise supressor is a must if you do live gig with the 3rd and 4th channel, however once you see past all that, this amp is rather amazing and can pull out any tones you want, doing metal is a piece of cake once you eq up the channel and the best part is you can save it so next time when you switch channel you won't lose it
Cool, thanks guys.

I was thinking that yu could ditch their footswitch and nab a good midi controller as well. I am actually really interested in this head/combo, so I will def have to find somewhere to try one out.
Quote by suffersystem
Cool, thanks guys.

I was thinking that yu could ditch their footswitch and nab a good midi controller as well. I am actually really interested in this head/combo, so I will def have to find somewhere to try one out.

yes yes you can actually. as long as midi controlled with presets uploaded to 128 you are good to go.