i want to start play an electrical instrument but i dont which one its the best can anyone help me which instrument its the best choice??
and i am asking because i want to know why people think about these instruments
play bass..... theyre hard to come by where i live so it wont be hard to join a band, well if youre area is like mine
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
play both at some point...you learn a lot more and your hands with shape up faster and get accustomed to the difficulties of playing both...but start with whatever you find more appealing!
i started with guitar but now i find myself constantly picking up my friends bass and messing around on it. just go with whichever one is what i really feel like you wanna play. dont play bass just cause there arent bass player or vice versa with guitar. just go with what your gut tells you.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
didn't you just post this, like, 20 minutes ago?

*reported*
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I'd say guitar, I find myself struggling to play bass whenever i try lol
. . . . . . . . . . RunToTheHills<3

__Iron Maiden!
__Girls of UG!
There is no best. They're just different. Although if you play bass you'll never have an issue finding a band to join.
thats a stupid question, everybody is just going to respond with what instrument they play. Also you've been what, a casual member of this website for 6 months? Oh I think I'll just subscribe and actively post to a website for an instrument I might pick up in the next year.

Bull****...stop wasting our time
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
What I like best about being a bass player is that we're always in demand. That and slapping, nothing you can do with a guitar can compare to the awesome sound of bass slapping.

BTW, I also play guitar and sing so I can always cover those duties too if someone needs me.
Last edited by pwrmax at Mar 22, 2009,
thats funny, i play flute..... but anyways, i agree with half the people here, play both, then if you can sing record your own stuff, so you don't have to split pay with anyone else if you ever get anywhere.....
Quote by guitarsftw
didn't you just post this, like, 20 minutes ago?

*reported*

Why dont you look at why the hell it was closed. Its because he posted it in the wrong forum. Thats why he made another one in the right forum because the mods didnt just move it for him.

Quote by handlerb
thats a stupid question, everybody is just going to respond with what instrument they play. Also you've been what, a casual member of this website for 6 months? Oh I think I'll just subscribe and actively post to a website for an instrument I might pick up in the next year.

Who says he doesnt play acoustic already? Who says he hasnt been wanting to and signed up because of that to get some information. Seriously, lay off.

As with a lot of us, I will suggest that you learn both. Guitar will probably be a little more fun starting out with though, since you can play rhythm and lead with it more than you can with a bass. Bass wouldn't use chords as much for example.

In the end if you think bass is better go for it. Ideally you could try borrowing a friends for a little and seeing which you like better.
Decide for yourself,there is no universally better or best instrument.Some people like guitar,some people like bass,and some people like both.You can only come to an informed decision by spending time with each instrument and learning their respective dynamics and quirks.I personally like both,but the bass has to be at least a 5 string as I find 4 strings to be limiting and weird.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

now don't be a nasty pastie around our new comer.He asked a valid question.Perhaps he signed up a while ago because he was planning on getting an instrument soon,the money fell through and he (or she,chick guitarists are cool ) has only just got enough money back.

Anyway.It's a tough desicion to make.For the first few months you will have more fun with a guitar,but bass can be suprisngly rewarding.Certainly the issue of which one will be easier to learn would sway towards bass,but your theory knowledge will advance faster with bass and bands will be easier to come by.
I say pick-up a bass and work your way up to guitar.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by handlerb

Get lost you crack-pot.

Anyway,
I play both, and I would if a was you; but If you can only play one, I would go with guitar (not bass guitar)

John.
Apple Macintosh

Fender Stratocaster Highway one HSS USA

Marshall DSL50 British green
f*ck bass. bass is fail. Bassists are pretty much the b*tches of the band unless of course you are playing some red hot chili f*g songs.
Quote by ShestShestShest
f*ck bass. bass is fail. Bassists are pretty much the b*tches of the band unless of course you are playing some red hot chili f*g songs.

so playing a moving, shifting, riff that drives the song totally fails when compared to the 4 chords it backs up?

if you want to be in the spotlight, hold melodies, and play a searing lead in front of a thousand people, guitar may be better. if you want to be able to lock in and hold the music together, driving it to sound like whatever you want, making the people dance, be the bass.

I prefer bass myself, a good bassline makes the song just groove.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom