My amp is currently broken and so I am currently running my bass directly into an old peavey power amp. Even though it's a 400 watt amp it isn't very loud because there is no preamp to bring it up to line level. So what I need for until my amp is fixed is a volume boost pedal of some sort made for bass. I figure a volume boost pedal will be cheaper than a rackmount eq and i do have a 3band eq on my bass so i can get a good sound out of it. anybody know of a good pedal to use for this...or maybe another solution? we may be having gigs soon so I'm probably going to need a short term solution.

One possible solution is an eq pedal with a good volume level on it. anyone think this would work? i figure this way i could still use the pedal after I get my amp fixed.

BTW the power amp has a input reader with a needle that jumps(if you get what i mean) so i will be able to tell if I am clipping the amp at all. Right now it barely moves the needle when i have my bass mids and treble all the way up on the bass, with an 18v preamp.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
pedal wont help much at all. and it you make a train of them, it'll be an extremely distorted signal and sound horrid
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i was afraid of that. i am able to go into the pa but there isn't much stage volume for me. the monitors don't handle bass too well and i share a monitor with the singer so the vocals are very dominant there.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
go buy a real pre-amp?
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
money is kind of tight and i don't want to buy a preamp to use for 2-3 weeks and then let it sit and collect dust. Otherwise that would be a great solution but i love my current amp so i'm just trying to get by for now.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
buy a DI box, bringing an instrument level signal up to line level is what they are built to do
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
hmmm hadn't thought of that... that's probably a good solution. any suggestions on a decent DI box for a low price that runs 1/4" out?
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
korg make a good DI if i remember correctly, basic as hell but very good, no noise at all. i don't think it has a 1/4" jack out but just buy an XLR to 1/4" cable, i had one free with my microphone
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
sweet. thanks dan. Any other suggestions welcome of course as i won't be going to a store until tuesday...when i should be dropping off the broken head to be fixed.

*hopes it's just a power tube gone out or something like that*
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
back in college we used a couple of Tapco DB-1A DIs that were very good, they felt like the sort of thing you'd take on tour. they were built like tanks and didn't add any noise. they seemed very professional
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Also. the front of the power amp says balanced with a line pointing to the input. does that mean it's meant to receive a balanced input or does it mean it balances it for me? i would assume it's meant to recieve a balanced signal.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
as sexy as that is I just can't justify $200 for a temporary fix.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
I'd say check out the SansAmp Bass Driver aswell. Of course you wouldn't just use it as a temporary fix, but I'm willing to bet you would fall into love with it anyways. Pre-amp plus DI you can't go wrong there. The thing makes any run of the mill rig sound amazing aswell. It's worth a look, best $200 I ever spent.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
well i currently have a very nice amp. peavey vb-2 with 2 4x12s(use just 1 except for maybe outside gigs.) and i don't go into the pa at all at practice or even gigs except now that my amp is out of commission. maybe i'll try one out and see if i have an application but cash is tight so I am looking for the cheapest quick fix for now.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian