Poll: Which guitar? (all brands are schecter)
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar? (all brands are schecter)
Hellraiser
14 33%
Blackjack ATX
24 57%
Blackjack
4 10%
Voters: 42.
Well, I'm looking to get a guitar more purposed to metal than my Les Paul, especially wuth acive pick ups. I've narrowed it down to two guitars, both Schecters.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451

OR

Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-ATX-Electric-Guitar?sku=515764

also, EMGs vs. Blackouts? and what's the difference between the Blackjack and the Blackjack ATX?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
the blackouts are better, imo, but you should get ahold of the guitars, and playem yerself
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
There's only one guitar store within 50 miles that has Schecters, and it's only had a Hellraiser. I loved the feel and the sound, but I was wondering if the blackjack would be better.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Well, I'm looking to get a guitar more purposed to metal than my Les Paul, especially wuth acive pick ups. I've narrowed it down to two guitars, both Schecters.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=518451

OR

Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-ATX-Electric-Guitar?sku=515764

also, EMGs vs. Blackouts? and what's the difference between the Blackjack and the Blackjack ATX?

different finishes,
ATX: aged white or aged black finish
SD Blackouts
Ebony fret board

Regular blackjack:
gloss finishes
JB/59 combo pups
rosewood board
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
im not sure about the blackjack, but i recomend getting the hellraiser.
i have one, and it is an epic freekin guitar.
it sounds AMAZING on distortion cause of the EMGs.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by randomhero93
different finishes,
ATX: aged white or aged black finish
SD Blackouts
Ebony fret board

Regular blackjack:
gloss finishes
JB/59 combo pups
rosewood board

Thanks man. Just eliminated the regular Blackjack for me.lol
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Thanks man. Just eliminated the regular Blackjack for me.lol

your welcome. still doesn't ,ean you gotta elimate them. you could still like the sound of the passives than the actives or like the feel of the rosewood more tha the ebony or vice versa. all preferance. for more specs, go to the schecter website and check them out for yourself. schecterguitars.com
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I'd go with the ATX personally.The satin finish,blackouts,and lack of ugly abalone cross inlays on the board make it the better guitar IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by randomhero93
your welcome. still doesn't ,ean you gotta elimate them. you could still like the sound of the passives than the actives or like the feel of the rosewood more tha the ebony or vice versa. all preferance. for more specs, go to the schecter website and check them out for yourself. schecterguitars.com

I already know I prefer the feel of the ebony over the rosewood by far.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by We'realltoBlame
I already know I prefer the feel of the ebony over the rosewood by far.

well, still comes down to feel and playability and sound.
Quote by pedromiles101
So, correct me if I'm wrong, the only major differences between the Blackjack ATX and the Hellraiser is that they have different kinds of active pick-ups and different finish options?
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by We'realltoBlame
So, correct me if I'm wrong, the only major differences between the Blackjack ATX and the Hellraiser is that they have different kinds of active pick-ups and different finish options?

Pretty much.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
There's only one guitar store within 50 miles that has Schecters, and it's only had a Hellraiser. I loved the feel and the sound, but I was wondering if the blackjack would be better.

Blackjack ATX pretty much "feels" the same as the Hellraiser, only difference is the paint, (Blackjack ATX in black has a matte finish instead of gloss) and the pickups...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by We'realltoBlame

this, inlays, hellraiser has rosewood, ATX has ebony, hellraiser has tap, ATX doesn't (unless modded)
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
this, inlays, hellraiser has rosewood, ATX has ebony, hellraiser has tap, ATX doesn't (unless modded)

Will we always meet in these Hellraiser; ATX threads?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Will we always meet in these Hellraiser; ATX threads?

probably because we're one of the VERY FEW that actually know the true differences.
Quote by pedromiles101
the ATX is a beast,

I liked it a lot better than the hellraiser, and i'd rather have blackouts than EMGs anyday.

they are basically the same other than pickups, but to me the ATX played a little better, just a more comfortable neck (actually a perfect neck tbh) and the finish on the neck wasn't as "sticky" to play.
I'd choose the ATX easily due to it's SD's.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah