http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Synyster-Standard-Electric-Guitar-518486-i1169286.gc

Hey guys! I'm looking at this guitar by Schecter, the Synyster Standard. It's a dumbed down version of the Synyster Custom (no invader pickups, a licensed floyd rose instead of an original).

Now, I am a huge AX7 fan. But that isn't the reason I'm looking into getting this guitar. My reasons: 24 frets, Floyd Rose bridge, it looks pretty sweet, rosewood fretboard, fast neck, and it has a good metal tone.

I'm looking to play stuff similar to AX7, Coheed and Cambria, All that remains, Dragonforce, Metallica, stuff like that. I need a guitar that has a good distorted low sound for riffs, but can also produce a bright, clean tone for high-pitched solos.

Is this guitar right for me?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR (returning)
'66 Gibson Melody Maker
Line 6 Spider III 30 W
no. keep your hellraiser and replace that line 6. the reason you aint gettin a good tone from your guitar (which is probably why you're returning it) is because of your amp. EMG's sound soooo much better through a tube amp and if you have enough money for the Syn standard, you have enough for a decent/good tube combo amp.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Actually, the reason I'm returning it is because I snapped two strings in a week of owning it doing divebombs, and just normal playing on the second occasion. Despite having a floyd, it goes out of tune terribly, and I'm not a huge fan of the EMG's.
'66 Gibson Melody Maker
Line 6 Spider III 30 W
Quote by WDwarfishT
Actually, the reason I'm returning it is because I snapped two strings in a week of owning it doing divebombs, and just normal playing on the second occasion. Despite having a floyd, it goes out of tune terribly, and I'm not a huge fan of the EMG's.

so you're going from a original floyd to a licensed floyd? i say you just need to get your guitar set up and checked for sharp edges. then it'll be great. the reason you're not a fan of EMG's is because you're running through the spider 3. if you were to run through a tube amp, i think you'd might hear the most beautiful sound to comue from a guitar.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Okay. In that case, what tube amp do you recommend? I was looking at something in the Valveking Series....
'66 Gibson Melody Maker
Line 6 Spider III 30 W
Quote by WDwarfishT
Okay. In that case, what tube amp do you recommend? I was looking at something in the Valveking Series....

good idea.
Quote by pedromiles101
My one problem: Funds. I have no money right now. I spent all my money on the Hellraiser, and I was planning on buying the Syn Standard with the cash I got from returning it. Hard mode: I'm 14.
'66 Gibson Melody Maker
Line 6 Spider III 30 W
I would recommend against it, the standard isn't very good for the money you'll pay, if you really have to get one get the custom. I'd change amps before that though.

If you do buy one just be prepared to get flamed cause people think you're a tool for using Syn's guitar.

That being said, if you really want one, save and then buy the custom. Don't be afraid to check out other Schecters before you make your final decision. There could be a better one for you.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
yeah for once i agree with keep the schecter lol. just get a new amp comeon a 30 watt amp cant get much out of any guitar. plus the cheaper models of the spider dont have the red channels so you cant really get a great metal tone out of it.