I am using the Gt-8 preamp for acoustic sound, plus the Vk footswitch on clean, and the bad Monkey off. Now when I have to switch to distortion, I have to switch patches on the gt8, turn the bad monkey on, and switch to Vk lead channel. and obviously to go back to clean, i have to switch all of them off.

is there something that would allow me to do this without engaging in a game of hopscotch? Keep in mind I'm using the 4 cable method so my set up is this:

Amp-Input 1- Dummy Jack
Amp-Input 2- cable to GT8 OUT
Amp Effects Send- cable to GT8 return
Amp Effects Return- cable- Gt8 send
Gt-8 Input- cable- ISP Decimator-cable-Bad Monkey- Cable- Guitar

Keeping ALL of that in mind, any ideas??
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
The VK lead channel and bad monkey doesn't give you enough distortion?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
No it does. My question is how I can make hitting 3 switches to one easy step, instead of jumping all over the place to switch.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Nevermind, since you're changing channels and setups and not really on and off :/ A/B box probably wouldn't really do it. Maybe you could just make some sort of F'ing machine to press all the buttons when you stepped on it.

Put like a wooden plank over the button of the VK switch and the badmonkey's footswitch so when you step on it, it presses both buttons on at the same time? Best I can come up with.
Last edited by -Raiden- at Mar 23, 2009,
Maybe something from Tonebone would work Synasta. I don't know if these things can be used a latching amp footswitch tho.

http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-efx.htm

You could probably have something made too. PM Mathamology. I bet he could make one.

yeah I had the wooden plank suggestion but, that solves part of the problem since i still have to hit the button on the gt8. but i guess itll work for now.

and i will 311 thanks
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
I stumbled across this thread by accident - syn, I don't know if you PM'd me or not, but I didn't get anything.

I could design you something that would allow you to switch the VK's channel and turn on an effects loop - if you only ever use the BM to boost the lead channel, you might find it very useful. That would limit your button pressing down to just two switches.

As for changing patch on the GT 8, I'm afraid that's outside my abilities - I think you might be looking at some kind of MIDI controller for that, though the VK does not have any built in MIDI capabilities.

As I said, I could limit it down to just two presses with a simple channel switch/effects loop kind of thing, if you only use the Bad Monkey on the lead channel.

EDIT: You could also put other things in the effect loop, things that you'd only use on the lead channel. Or I could design something that has an effect loop for each channel, so by changing the amps channel, the signal gets routed through a series of effects that are dedicated to that channel only.
Last edited by Mathamology at Mar 23, 2009,
^That's what I was thinking. Something with 2 loops in it. One for clean and one for lead. Assuming he doesn't use the Boss FX on the lead channel. You're right tho, changing presets on the Boss externally would be tough.
^ Yeah. I presumed he used the GT 8 on the lead channel too, as he said change patch, rather than dis-engage.

I have no real experience with the Boss, although I played it a long time ago, but I'm presuming it's a pretty complicated bit of kit on the inside, considering it's multi-effects. I think the only real way you can change patch externally is through MIDI.
the gt8 has amp control does it not? take a lead from the amp control jack to the pedal input jack on the valveking and u should be able to program the gt8 to change the valvekings channels when u change patches.

so that gets it down to 2 stomps.... better than 3.
^ I just looked up the GT8 on the boss website

It appears to have an independant FX loop too.

So, as Tuckers said, wire up a cable from the footswitch panel on the VK into the amp control, and place the bad monkey in the GT8's independant effect loop. With a bit of programming, you should be able to switch channel, change patch, and turn on the Bad Monkey, all at the press of a single button.

If I am correct.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that would all work, but you'll lose control of the VK's boost switch. You could easily build something to combat that though, something to go between the amp and the GT 8's amp control.
Last edited by Mathamology at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by Mathamology
^ I just looked up the GT8 on the boss website

It appears to have an independant FX loop too.

So, as Tuckers said, wire up a cable from the footswitch panel on the VK into the amp control, and place the bad monkey in the GT8's independant effect loop. With a bit of programming, you should be able to switch channel, change patch, and turn on the Bad Monkey, all at the press of a single button.

If I am correct.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that would all work, but you'll lose control of the VK's boost switch. You could easily build something to combat that though, something to go between the amp and the GT 8's amp control.

Ok I kind of understand all of this, but I really have no idea where to start, since ive got like 6 cables going everywhere. and yes i use the gt8 on both clean and lead, and the BM only on lead. I don't really use the boost switch sooo....

and im looking at the boss and dont see the boss independent efx loop
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Last edited by synystagates at Mar 23, 2009,
It's the Send & Return jacks on the back. Have you got the manual? If not, download it off the internetz. I believe it's under section 4 of the manual, around page 52, that explains the independant effects loops
i figured this, but I the send and return slots are in use, if you check my first post explaining how its set up with the 4 cable method to bypass the gt8s preamp and use the amps distortion, just the gt8 effects
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki