ok at the moment im doing wordworking classes at school they are boring and we make like nothing or stuff thats boring so i pretty much do no work.
but i was thinking maybe i could ask if i could build a guitar ,cuz thats something i like doing and its something you can actually use and have fun with,
but the only wood the school has is pine,
and i wouldnt put much money into this build . but i,ve always wanted a tele and this could be my only chance to build one,

but would it sound like a tele, would pine be good?

do you think it would be worth it ,it would get me off my lazy arse in woodworking and the teachers always asking me to do work so
whaddya think?

i know im working on a gretsch build but thats at home and i could do this at school

(might make school a bit more fun)

this wood be the specs,

single coil bridge,single coil neck (maybe humbucker (just watever i got lying around)
pine body
maple neck with rosewood
hardtail tremelo bridge (dont like floyds like the original hardtail bridges)
1 vol,1 tone , 3 way switch

unsure of finish any ideas?
Last edited by DANGERSTRANGER at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by Locked_Deadbolt
Pine is really soft and will dent easily.

not worry about it denting i take pretty good care of them but it might be cool to have a vintage sort of look like its been beatin around

just worried about the tone
nothing wrong with a pine tele.
Some of the earliest tele-styled guitars had pine bodies. then Fender went to ash and later alder.Pine is soft and easy to dent so get a case or someting.
why dont you do like a reliced broadcaster build? You know, dent up the wood a little, scratch it up, get rusted up hardware and everything...

idk, i think it'd be cool. But either way, i'm sure it'll turn out great. happy building
Pine might be a bit bright because it i so soft. I'm actually in the works of building myself a pine Esquire. It'll be pretty head heavy because pine is so light.
If you want to hear it for yourself, one of the new Squire tele's (one of the special models) is made with the left over pine bodies from the GE Smith signature model.
pine is a tone wood so the sound will be fine, but the fragiliness of the guitar will be very annoying if you drop or bump it.
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
but the only wood the school has is pine,
and i wouldnt put much money into this build . but i,ve always wanted a tele and this could be my only chance to build one,

unsure of finish any ideas?

I'd say, if your gonna spend the time and money to make something that you have been wanting, at least do it halfassed.

Go to one of your local custom woodcrafters cabinet shops, explain to them what you are building, along with the size of material you are looking to get, they just might throw you some decent scrap pieces for cheap or even free. As far as finish goes, stain it, or get some real nice wood lamination and top it off.

Check these builds out:

tele build

zebra wood tele
BLAZE ON!

2006 Epiphone '58 Korina V
2008 Aslin Dane Bohemian
Real Sound Mars Twin Tube Distortion/Overdrive
Crate dxj112 amp
Dunlop HighGain used as expression pedal