I have a Valveking 112 and i really like it but find it a bit muddy and the high notes and pinch harmonics dont scream as much as i would like. i got new pickups for my epi les paul and that helped alot but i still want better sounding pinches and an overall nicer tone. i am a fan of metallica, randy rhoads' work with ozzy, gary moore for blues(amazing player), and i am looking for my own tone which i have with the amp but i just need less mud and better pinches. i have heard the eminence man o war screams with this amp and i am looking to that one at the moment. i am also looking at a celestion classic lead. what would be your suggestions? i play mainly hard rock/metal but i do dabble in blues sometimes and i dont try to emulate the tone of a song im playing. i use my own tone. anyways thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Dylan Pounder
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91
As a relative new-comer to the guitar world I'd just like to point out how much more interesting this thread sounded when I thought a 'Metal Muff' was some sort of chastity belt...

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
Randy Rhoads and Metallica? Greenback... too bad they're so low wattage.

The Warehouse Guitar Speakers Veteran 30 is a pretty popular speaker, as is the Celestion equivalent.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
well try checking out eminence's website. they have a huge line of both american- and british-voiced speakers. they also have a handy little chart that compares them all, as well as sound clips of them. just take your pick. i went with texas heat.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
i have been looking at the site but theres a bit too much lol. i get lost in all the options and i dont know what goes well with my amp. this is the kind of tone im looking for tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0nKJFVVoYM&feature=related i guess im looking for more clarity and tightness without changing the voicing a ton. that gary moore vid is pretty much what im lookin for tho.
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91
As a relative new-comer to the guitar world I'd just like to point out how much more interesting this thread sounded when I thought a 'Metal Muff' was some sort of chastity belt...

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
i have another questiion: how do u change the speaker? is it an easy job or will i have to take it in?
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
Quote by dpounder
i have another questiion: how do u change the speaker? is it an easy job or will i have to take it in?

as long as you have a thumb and index finger you should be able to swap it yourself

provided that the speaker is just clipped in of course. if not then you'll need to do some de-soldering and re-soldering.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
lol ok. so do the v30s have good pinch harmonics? i have been looking into them but im not sure about that.
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
now im lookin towards a vintage 30 or eminence governor. which would u recomend?
i have heard the warehouse veteran 30 is actually better and less expensive. can u only get them online or would i be able to order it from a shop?
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
Last edited by dpounder at Mar 23, 2009,
i think il go with the eminence but does anyone have any info on pinch harmonics with this speaker?
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
speakers won't have any affect on your pinch harmonics.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i know for a fact certain speakers can help make pinches scream more and i also know that the stock speaker is what makes them so flat and lifeless sounding i am just wondering about how much this speaker screams when u hit them cuz some do and some dont as well.
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
I chose the V30 over the Governor. I have a V30 with a Texas Heat in my valveking and it sounds great.
where can i get a hellatone??? i really like the look of that. and jamesfarr, is that a vintage 30 or veteran 30?
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
yeah but i cant buy online. i meant in a store.
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
aww
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
I have the Vet 30 in my VK and it really brings it to life. I play the same stuff you do and it's perfect.

BTW, high-five for us having the same first name.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Is the veteran 30 available in stores? could i order it because as i said i cant get stuff online. if not im going with the governor and i just hope itl make my amp scream more.
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?
well maybe you could go to your local store and see if they could order you a speaker. pretty much any guitar shop will do that, although you may have to pay a bit more than the online price.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Veteran 30. /thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ok il check if they can order me a veteran 30, if not im going with a governor. thanks for all the help guys. i love ug cuz i can get so much answers.
Epi Les Paul with SD's
VK112
Hardwire OD

Quote by PuppetMaster91

Quote by tymanic
Whats a gibson?