At the moment I am playing, gibson 335 into a fender hot rod deville 212. I use two pedals at the moment: Ibanez ts-10 and Boss dd-3.

Looking at gettin a another distortion pedal that can be used along side the ts-10 that has more grunt. I play similar sounding stuff to bands such as: Arctic monkeys, The Strokes, Kings of Leon, Bloc Party.

The number of pedals on the market are overwhelming, so I would appreciate your thoughts. Thankyou.
id check out the digitech hardwire pedals
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by al112987
how much $$$ do you want to spend?

ive saved a bit up so i can spend up to 500
Quote by entoutcas
ive saved a bit up so i can spend up to 500

Ppft, buy a pair of H&K Tube Factors and be done with it

But seriously, with that kind of scratch, you could probably get any distortion you want. Go out and try as many as you can! Also, check out ProGuitarShop's youtube videos. They do very good demos of boutique pedals, and sell them too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you want something that will add some ass to your sound, you might want to look at the Klon Centaur. Some people will tell you it's a huge waste of money, others will tell you that it's the greatest overdrive pedal ever conceived for adding some low mid grunt.

I personally have never played one or heard one in person. But they're talked about so much in the b00t33k crowd that it's hard to ignore all the hype around them.
Zvex Box of Rock?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Subdecay Liquid Sunshine is a pretty sick overdrive.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Awesome ill check all of these out. how available are they in Australia? or should i just ebay it
You can browse and buy from Pro Guitar Shop. They carry lots of boutique (and non-boutique) pedals and ship worldwide. They also do wondeful video reviews of most pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.