There is nothing on the subject! I can't find any help anywhere. How the hell do i bias this thing? i can't find any trim pots... test points... anything and there are no resources, so i turn to you! I just ordered a new set of tubes from eurotubes (high gain) and need some help! thanks
For Sale;

Marshall AVT 150H head (new)
Marshall AVT 150H head (Almost new)

Crate BV412 Cab (Pristine w/ celestions)
throw it in the garbage.

no, but seriously...

throw it in the garbage.

no no no no, seriously, take it to an amp tech.

and have him throw it in the garbage for you.
BV is "self biasing" some sort of weird fixed bias/cathode bias hybrid IIRC. Either way, you don't need to worry about biasing.
So i just pop the matched tubes in and bam i'm done? just like that
For Sale;

yea, this amp is the same as the valveking. it doesnt really bias.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Hmm, and whats this weird thing mounted inside on the top of the head? one red input saying input and one grey saying output? connected by two almost audio looking connectors?
For Sale;

Quote by Voltaire1
throw it in the garbage.

no, but seriously...

throw it in the garbage.

no no no no, seriously, take it to an amp tech.

and have him throw it in the garbage for you.

...I think the Blue Voodoo is one of Crates only decent amps?
^ ^ ^ Yes thankyou I agree... I have two of them and i find them to be Great tone wise especially the voodoo modded one, i don't know why they have such a bad rep, probably because of the "crate" label
For Sale;

Quote by roshjosh
...I think the Blue Voodoo is one of Crates only decent amps?

this comment is fail.

the blue voodoo cabs were nice as they came stock with v30's but that's the only saving grace.

if you want an amp that sounds like a boss metalzone :freak: than by all means, the blue voodoo (or more appropriately nicknamed the blue doodoo) is your goto amp.
There is nothing on the subject! I can't find any help anywhere. How the hell do i bias this thing? i can't find any trim pots... test points... anything and there are no resources, so i turn to you! I just ordered a new set of tubes from eurotubes (high gain) and need some help! thanks
we already explained that this amp cannot be biased. it has a fixed, and very cold bias from the factory so any tubes will work.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
If i recall correctly, the bias pot is on the bottom of the chassis.
The pot is only accessable when the chassis is out and everything is opened up.

A note on my BV120H schematic says:

Bias Calibration Procedure:

1. Connect unit to proper AC line voltage.
2. Allow unit to warm up at least 5 minutes.
3. With no signal applied, adjust AP1 [the bias pot] for 120 watts (1.3a domestic) draw from the line.