So i'm currently playing through a lol...
Orange Crush 30R + Boss Hyper Metal HM-3 to get my hardcore tone, its ok but nothing special.

By my birthday i shall have about $1200AUD and i was looking at getting a new amp. I play mainly Hardcore (think Parkway Drive, Carpathian, I Kill The Prom Queen & Confessions) I'm just really going for their tone.

I know most of them play 5150's but i can't afford it. What would be my next best option?

Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
a used 5150.

australia sucks for gear prices. big time.

i'm not sure what is available to you, but 5150s are the cheapest of the crop of high gain amps.

i guess the next best thing is a bugera 6260?

there are a lot more choices if you were in america, sorry.
they're like 2k lol
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
they're like 2k lol

ridiculous.

just keep your eyes on the used market is all i can say .
mmm lol.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Yeah keep an eye out on the used market. Australia get raped in terms of gear.
Are there Bugeras in AUS?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah they are, $729 for the 6260 which i was leaning towards.
But yeah i heard they aren't very reliable... if i purchased one what would i need to do to make it survive?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
They're a hit or miss - either you get a dodgy one, or you don't.
If you do, chances are it'll still be under warranty though. I personally think that Bugera's unreliability has been slightly pushed out of proportion.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah, cause like.. how many used Bugeras have you seen ha
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
bump de bump
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I am in a very similiar situation.
You can pick up a used marshall jcm 2000 tsl 100 for about $1000 and some jcm 900's go for about $900.
Bugera 333xl's are about $900 and about $500 second hand when they turn up.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
I am in a very similiar situation.
You can pick up a used marshall jcm 2000 tsl 100 for about $1000 and some jcm 900's go for about $900.
Bugera 333xl's are about $900 and about $500 second hand when they turn up.

A TSL wont be very good for the bands TS wants really.

You could save up another $675, come down to Melbourne and buy the VHT Pitbull the Swop Shop just got it

J/k. I think a used Randall RG50tc or RH50t (head version) would be good for what you want. They go cheap used, about 600.
Just a thought, (I'll probably get shouted down for this) you could try picking up a used JCM800 and running your HM-3 through that. I know a guy who uses a Metalzone through a dual channel JCM800 for his main metal sound and it's pretty freakin cool, sounds heaps better than you'd expect. Maybe something like that could work for ya, although you might be pushing it to find a used head and cab for that money =\
thanks for the replies, i played the jcm800/900 and didn't really like the tone for my kinda music, although it suited lighter stuff really good.

I'll keep an eye out for those Randalls.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
bump de bump
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I'd say your best bet is a 6260. Check Beerchurch's blog. He's a UGer that knows his bugeras and has a great blog about the shortcomings of the amps. With a little effort they can be made quite reliable if the one you get even needs it. Check his profile and read the blog. You'll likely be very glad you did.
Thanks, will do.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.