Greetings fappers.

I'm about to make some moves and I need the pit's advice.

I currently have a PRS Billy Martin SE sig. The fretboard feels awesome and the neck/body are beautiful.

This is where I need yall's help. There is a hump in the fretboard, making almost all of the notes on the low E string buzz so bad that it sounds like a bass guitarist slapping and popping. The people at the local music store said they could level the frets and make it sound good again for $100-$300. My friend (who is an amazing guitarist and who knows alot about guitars) said that the neck is still going to be bad and will only get worse even with the fix and that I should take it to this other guy who can just replace the whole neck by either ordering it or making a new one for it. I have 2 problems with this..... 1st: The Billy Martin SE sig is now out of production so getting a neck from PRS would be impossible. 2nd: I dont really want a handcrafted neck because it wouldnt have the awesome lime green inlays (including the badass bat at the 12th) and I doubt he could be able to get the flat black color on the neck right to make the guitar look as good as it did before.

SOOOO I played this awesome AXL guitar at one of the stores around here and fell in love with it. I'm not really a guitar snob so I dont mind having a kinda cheap guitar and was thinking that maybe I should sell my PRS for around $250 (the guitar is worth about $500 new) and get the AXL. Good Idea?

Dont suck and post a comment about my "wall of text". Reading isnt that hard.

Thanks for all who can help me out on this
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Last edited by dxpaintball8000 at Mar 23, 2009,
Ummw wrong forum, i for one play bass and i am deeply offended.

I kid,

but as far as answering your question go's.. I dont know.

If this guy can fix it, let him, but otherwise get the other one.
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz
Ummw wrong forum, i for one play bass and i am deeply offended.

I kid,

but as far as answering your question go's.. I dont know.

If this guy can fix it, let him, but otherwise get the other one.

haha sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I actually prefer the slap and pop method for bass. I like the sound of it. Just not for my poor guitar Thanks for the advice man
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
That's quite a pickle you've got yourself in. I'm not sure, I think you should try to get more assurance that it can be fixed, hopefully it can be without eventually breaking.

If your friend is right then you may as well go for the new guitar, $100-$300 seems a bit steep, especially if it will break down the line, and it's always fun buying a new guitar.

Good luck!
So just SHUT your face, and take a seat,
'Cause after all you're just talking MEAT...

Last.fm

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
For one thing: Anything that references "Smart Idea" in The Pit is probably in the wrong forum
secondly: If it IS a Smart Idea, The Pit REALLY is the wrong forum.
We are cummers of blood, rapers of monkeys, havers of lulz and eruptors of lolcano's, not your own personal army or good idea havers (unless you need a good idea as to how to degenerate into a talking ape man, we're good at that).

Now for advice, Go to a second guitar store and see what they say? My friend can play guitar well and knows alot about it, but when I had wiring issues his advice was ineffective, the stores at least have some degree of professionalism (sometimes) and liability. Get a few opinions, do some research into the trouble and if you deem it unworthy/unable to be fixed, go for the new one and accept it won't be as smexy as the last one.

But if you really want to I'm sure you could track down the neck you need and pay an exorbitant cost for it. And if the neck guy is doing a custom job for you, you could always, oh I dunno... customize it as opposed to replicating a stock sig.
Quote by Trickycindy
You're a f*cking wanker.

Quote by JC13
@Prole... Magnificent...

Quote by ZanasCross
Thanks sir. Unbanned.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
The Billy Martin SE sig is now out of production so getting a neck from PRS would be impossible.

The only difference from the stock model on that guitar is the gay little bat, so unless you MUSt have that, I'd just get a normal neck from PRS...
Or get a better guitar
My name is Danny. Call me that.