Page 1 of 3
No tone knob?
Why is there never a tone knob?

Also, meh.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
That's actually not a bad-looking bass, though I always prefer 2 pickups and at least some kind of tone control. Signature basses often don't have tone controls because people always have them turned all the way up seemingly, which I always did with my old passive bass, but with active basses having at 2-band EQ is very handy.
Quote by watchingmefall
Jesus H Christ... When will it stop?

Hey, as far as signature basses go, this isn't that bad, at least not by today's standards. *cough* pete wenz signature *cough*
I would buy that bass, only if it had:

2 Actives.
2 Tone Knobs.
Treble Switch.

If it did, I would seriously consider buying it. That is a nice looking bass.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
I don't see why they have any knobs at all... Surely he cranks the volume up to full all the time? I wouldn't mind no knobs, but I think that the single concession to knob-dom just looks ridiculous. Trujillo has the same thing on some of his Zons, one volume knob, taped down. Grinds my gears, thats what it does.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Hey, as far as signature basses go, this isn't that bad, at least not by today's standards. *cough* pete wenz signature *cough*

Pete wentz may actually sound better...

why? why?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Decent looking bass...not to fond of the tribal graphic. But I agree...it does need the extra features that you guys have mentioned already.
I didn't know Dragonforce had a bassist. How much does that go for?

Dragonforce Signature Drumset.
-Two bass drums
-Snare
-(Cymbals, and toms sold seperatly.)
The knob is not actually a volume knob, you press it, and the pickup swings over to reveal a compartment for M&Ms. Also, you can hook it up like an old Atari knob controller to play pong. So it's pretty nifty.
Meh, chances are huge amounts of these won't be produced, few people will buy them, and we'll all go on buying and playing higher quality instruments.
Quote by JacobTheMe
I didn't know Dragonforce had a bassist. How much does that go for?

Dragonforce Signature Drumset.
-Two bass drums
-Snare
-(Cymbals, and toms sold seperatly.)

Lol! I'm surprised they don't just cut out the middle man and get a computer to make random bleeping noises at 300BPM, hell, that'd probably be less sloppy sounding.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Not another one... fuck!
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
it's not so much a bass as it is a magnet screwed to a piece of wood that some xxxXXhardxxcoreXXxxx kids drew on
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The question is, can you hear either bassist? Do they even play? Does their bass even matter?
And now, the single tone-knob bass market targets guitarists.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
And now, the single tone-knob bass market targets guitarists.

I blame Charvel for these things.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by TormentedRx
The question is, can you hear either bassist? Do they even play? Does their bass even matter?

yes, yes, and yes...

on topic, i dont get why these companies bother with these instruments. only fools will buy them.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
yes, yes, and yes...

on topic, i dont get why these companies bother with these instruments. only fools will buy them.

x

Surplus of fools.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Well, DragonForce's bassist is a lot more deserving of a sig bass than the others (pete wentz, mark hoppus etc.) but why would they give it only one pickup and knob? People would probably actually buy it if it had those things, aside from the fact that practically no one likes DragonForce.
Quote by watchingmefall
Why? It has one pickup and just one knob.

Its a signature.....its made to play one type of music with one tone...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Its a signature.....its made to play one type of music with one tone...

It's not a signature really, it's a bass with a name. It's a regular bass with no real mods to it and stripped of the basic components that constitute playability, like tone. Real mods? See the MM sig bass, for example that is a sig bass, this, is a joke.
Quote by watchingmefall
It's not a signature really, it's a bass with a name. It's a regular bass with no real mods to it and stripped of the basic components that constitute playability, like tone. Real mods? See the MM sig bass, for example that is a sig bass, this, is a joke.

I didnt say it wasn't a joke, I'm just saying, its made for this one dude, and the tone he wants...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Micehorns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDrDpK5vwa8

4 Mins 26 Seconds and onward. I'm not a Dragonforce fan, but I can admit that's a catchy and fun slap/pop bass part.

The signature bass itself, I like the body and headstock..but that's about it.

That was pretty cool.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
^ yeah, that didt suck as much as some of the other dragon force stuff. and some of the breakdowns sounds cool for once.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
I don't mind the bass. I don't mind one knob for one pickup. It's when there's one knob for 2 pickups that I get mad.

And wasn't this the dude who basically said he was ashamed to play bass and wishes he was a guitar player?

But of course, Dragonforce is in Guitar Hero, so $$$!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC6QC8zga2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9MDKHj_h4c

Have a listen to the ex-bassist who recorded that song (Body Breakdown) with Dragonforce, he's in a new band. I've just been doing some research on him as I didnt find him that bad a bass player. I'm actually enjoying the band he's in now.

And for the current bassist, Fred? He seems to play most instruments. I notice when he does a solo during Dragonforce gigs, he uses a guitar ouch lol.
Quote by slurpeexyza
Looks like a beginner's bass with a vinyl sticker.

Exactly.
Quote by Micehorns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC6QC8zga2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9MDKHj_h4c

Have a listen to the ex-bassist who recorded that song (Body Breakdown) with Dragonforce, he's in a new band. I've just been doing some research on him as I didnt find him that bad a bass player. I'm actually enjoying the band he's in now.

And for the current bassist, Fred? He seems to play most instruments. I notice when he does a solo during Dragonforce gigs, he uses a guitar ouch lol.

no wonder the bass lines were more complex and the break down was cool.

also the band he is in now aint that bad. some it sounds good. and i dont think the singer needs to sing in falsetto time to time.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Last edited by matosh.lee at Mar 24, 2009,
I don't think there's anything wrong with not having a tone knob.

I haven't got one on my bass, and it's vastly improved my tone.

plus alot of touring bands have them removed anyway so there's less to potentailly go wrong on stage.

I would never actually buy this bass, but as an instrument there is nothing wrong with it I think. the upper fret access looks good and since it's ESP (and a dragonforce signature) it should be easy to play.

I don't actually know the bassist, but some of the best bassists are multi-instrumentalists; John Paul Jones, Jim Lea, Chris Ross (from wolfmother) I'm sure the list is endless.
Quote by biga29
I didnt say it wasn't a joke, I'm just saying, its made for this one dude, and the tone he wants...

Thats precisely one of the reasons this thing pisses me off. Regardless of the man it was intended for cutting off his dick tone-wise, why the hell would you mass produce this shit?! Whoever buys this has issues, dawg... issues!
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Page 1 of 3