radio_schizo
don't look now
2,833 IQ
I searched and was shocked to see no Roy Orbson threads so I was wondering if anyone enjoys his music? He had such an amazing and unique voice, he seemed like a real humble guy too who suffered a lot during his life.

It's good music to listen to when you feel sad. What a legend.
Last edited by radio_schizo at Mar 23, 2009,
HiImKindaNewAnd
Stupid n00b
234 IQ
I like the song "Pretty Woman," any suggestions?
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
I didn't know he wrote "love hurts." I absolutely love that tune. I've never really gotten into him though. It just sounds too smooth and soft for my tastes. I prefer Cochrane. :p
westozrocker
113 IQ
In the words of The Boss - nobody can sing quite like Roy Orbison.

It was most fitting that he found a late career revival and appreciation that still continues today.

The movie Pretty Woman using his classic song and off course the Travelling Wilburys.
JimmyStradlin33
guitar playing shrimp
1,422 IQ
Yeah the travelling wilburys are awesome! My favourite Roy song has to be Only the Lonely, really only got into Roy Orbison through Bruce Springsteens praise of him. (And the mention of only the lonely in thunder road!)
JimmyLP
10 IQ
I like most Roy Orbison stuff he's a good singer.
rock on
HiImKindaNewAnd
Stupid n00b
234 IQ
Thanks Radio Schizo (Rudimentary Peni?), I didn't know half of those were by Ray.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
I only have Black & White Night and 16 Biggest hits. He's a pretty cool, and he wears Wayfarers