Next weekend I'm ordering a new 2x12. However, I'm kind of stuck between a Vader and an Avatar. The Vader has 2 Eminence Legends rated at 240 freaking watts, the Avatar has two Vintage 30's rated at 120W.

I play thrash/melodeath/deathcore. I run an Engl Fireball and either an Ibanez S520 or a Parker P-42.

I know the Vader is tough as nails, but my head is only 60W, will that even begin to make the cab sound it's best? My budget is 450 TOPS.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Both of those cabs have plenty of headroom to prevent speaker overdrive. It simply comes down to which kind of speaker you prefer the most.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I've played a Mesa 2x12 with Vintage 30's and pretty underwhelmed by it. It just sounded kinda, I dunno. I don't wanna say "lame" but that's what comes to mind.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

I'll sell you my G-Flex cab for $450 shipped. It sounds huge and was pretty much purpose built for all forms of distorted guitar playing.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
The V30's will have too much mid sound for the music you play. Also, just my opinion, Eminence Legend speakers are crap. I've tried many, and never been happy with a single one.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
The V30's will have too much mid sound for the music you play. Also, just my opinion, Eminence Legend speakers are crap. I've tried many, and never been happy with a single one.

Do understand that there are many different models of Eminence Legend's. The Legend's that come stock in some cabs, like Soldano and Vader, are considerably different than a lot of what you'll find elsewhere.

...and your amp would be an SL-60, not an SLO-60.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Mar 23, 2009,
+1 on the G-flex. They're great cabs.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio