So I have two guitars and one of them I keep in Standard E. Well I like a lot of stuff that is in drop D. Would going into that tuning relatively frequently (every couple of days for an hour or so) be harmful for the neck? I am kind of paranoid about doing this repreatedly.
i de tune my Schecter from E standard to drop C (its mainly in D Standard though) and i dont have any problems with it so drop D shouldnt hurt it
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
i de tune my Schecter from E standard to drop C (its mainly in D Standard though) and i dont have any problems with it so drop D shouldnt hurt it

Hehehe, mine is an Omen-6. I got a Schecter Sunset Deluxe coming in the mail. That one I am having professionally setup for .11 strings and drop C tuning. That I know can cause an issue.
Speaking of the Sunset Deluxe, is there something wronmg with them. I am seeing major clearance prices on them.
I doubt it, I play songs from standard tuning to half step down tuning to drop d to drop c, all in one day usually, and I've been doing that for about 6 months and have seen nothing wrong with my guitar.
Quote by Slow_N_Low
Speaking of the Sunset Deluxe, is there something wronmg with them. I am seeing major clearance prices on them.

I think its just becaus they've been discontinued. But changing tunings isn't going to cause any major damage to your guitar.
i own the Omen 6. absolutely no problem tuning to drop D. hell, any guitar shouldn't ever have a problem tuning to drop D
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I never had a problem... I switch from Drop D to standard all the time. Never affected my axe one bit.
drop b back up to E standard would probbably snap some strings
but i dunno about doing anything to your axe
my guitar has been in drop d ever since i got it
(last week)
don't they sell hybrid string packs with high gauge thick strings for this kind of stuff? you're probably fine though
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
It's fine, as said before it's only one string.

- and I mean fine for the neck too.

Why would he ask about this if all he was scared of was snapping some strings? That's silly.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy