I've recently started to learn to play the guitar again, after a break of a number of years (30 to be precise!!) and although i know that its all practice and patience i seem to have hit a brick wall of sorts and I'm hoping someone can help me out a little.
My problem is the B chord, i can't for the love of god get my fingers to do what i want them to, the issue is the 1st finger across the the 5 strings, no matter how much i try My finger just wont sit correctly across all the strings, I've tried numerous methods with no luck at all, so if anyone out there can help and give a little advice to a noob it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Oh by the way I'm new to the site so be gentle lol
i share the same problem, and the ONLY way i've found out how to combat this is to not do a B chord XD
Everything can be done if you practice enough

The B chord is extra difficult - that just means extra practice

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
Instead of playing it at the 2nd fret on the A-string, play it at the 7th fret on the E-string.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
just practice the full barre f chord, then when you nail that, the b will be super easy. it just takes time, man.
i couldnt ever play it then one day i went back and was like oh **** i can play that now
Quote by Dempsey68
i share the same problem, and the ONLY way i've found out how to combat this is to not do a B chord XD

if only it was that easy lol, but there are other chords that use the same technique so i guess its just a case of extra practice on that chord
To start with, try just barré-ing all the strings without any chord shape. Once that is easy, add fingers in, eventually it'll be easy. Maybe try both ways of playing - the two barrés, or the one with the index barré-ing and the three other finger fretting?