I've heard this before; I have to say it sounds pretty decent in person- clips on the internet via computer speakers usually aren't the best sources to hear an amps quality however.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Mar 24, 2009,
Quote by Yngwi3
I've heard this before; I have to say it sounds pretty decent - clips on the internet via computer speakers usually aren't the best sources to hear an amps quality however.

I know, that's why I needed some help from you guys. No place around me has one to try. And the other amp I'm thinking about is a Carvin Legacy. So I can't try either. I have to go by internet clips. I know the legacy sounds good for some stuff, but I know it has some weaknesses.
You live in New York and you can't find a place to try stuff? o_O
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Most places don't carry ISP amps. I checked the dealer locator and only one store sells them. But they don't even have it. The Legacy is even harder since you have to order them direct from Carvin
If you call them they're pretty nice to talk to. I was thinking about getting that amp at one time myself and had the same problem. Their so called 'dealers' never have any products. If I remember correctly they'll send out an amp for you to try (I say again, IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY).
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
I looked at the reviews on Musiciansfriend. There are 9. 2 are from Greg E. Noll. And 3 are from Frankie Brutal. Looks a little fishy to me. There are 3 on Harmony Cemtral. One is from Greg E. Noll, the others seem legit. I like the Delay and the Slow song sample. That's the tone I'm looking for. I also like the rhythm crunch tones. There's also a lot that of stuff that I didn't like. I can't tell whether it's the player or the way the amp is EQed
dont know if its the player, but it sounds pretty nice to me. id say go for it.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
But is it worth $1650?
I'm also considering the Carvin Legacy II and the JSX. They're all around the same price. I'm leaning more towards the Carvin. Here's the clips for that. I like the rhythm tone of the ISP, but the lead tone of the Carvin is just magical. The cleans are very good too.
https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.pdhp?product=VL100
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Mar 23, 2009,
Don't go by clips mate. Ever.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

What else is there to go by when the amp isn't available to try? I just want to know if it sounds bad.
Sadly, there's no one playing it on youtube. It's an amp that most places don't carry. I'm looking for something unique. But my ear isn't very good. So I just want to know what you guys think about it and if it sounds good and can be tweaked to sound better.
I have to say it doesn't sound great to my ears. Its solid state and sounds like a lot like a pod xt to me. It would have to be mega cheap to even warrant being put up against a great amp like the Legacy.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
It sounds like complete ass, and 400 watts? lol why.

Don't blow 1650 on that combo. Shop around.
Quote by Mayo5
and 400 watts? lol why.
Because it's solidstate...
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

it sounds really nice...

but then again, I love the legacy tone (and for the price! if only I was allowed to buy a tube amp)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
400 Watt RMS
Great idea. As long as you are trying to make your parents deaf.
The high wattage is so you dont get crappy digital breakup.
That said, I really didnt like the tone of this thing.. sorry.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by halikus
I have to say it doesn't sound great to my ears. Its solid state and sounds like a lot like a pod xt to me. It would have to be mega cheap to even warrant being put up against a great amp like the Legacy.

The thing about the Legacy is that I don't think it sounds great being used as a rhythm amp. It has amazing lead capabilities, but I haven't heard good rhythm tone from it. Vai isn't a rhythm player either. It may not be able to do what I need it to do. The Theta is tighter and that's what I like about it. Some of the tones are terrible in the clips on the ISP site, but I like others. Frankly, a lot of them were trying to do too much by layering too many guitars. Another thing is that some of the features are missed in direct recordings like the active subwoofer, and power amp. In the Guitar Player TV video, the amp isn't even mic'd. You can also hear his strings over the amp. But there are times when he plays chords that make the amp sound like it has tubes.

Quote by Slicer666
it sounds really nice...

but then again, I love the legacy tone (and for the price! if only I was allowed to buy a tube amp)

I love the Legacy tone too, I thought the ISP had that quality in the Delay clip. The thing I like about it is it can have some of that tone and actually sound tight too.