Well, basically, what's the tightest sounding 2x12 cab for Metal/Prog/Thrash that I can get for under $400 used (besides Vader which is that price new)??? My head is a Mesa Boogie Mark III Red Stripe. I play mostly Prog Death/Thrash/Melodic Death (not pussy In Flames melodeath, real melodeath like late-Carcass, early At The Gates, melodeath thats still death) and I dab into some Jazz Fusion and classical. Basically I want a tight percussive, powerful rhythm tone (like Metallica's MOP tone but no scooped mixed with BTBAM's rhythm tone), a creamy, liquidy, smooth lead tone (like Dream Theater and BTBAM), and a jazzy clean tone. I was looking at Mesa and Vader 2x12's. Those ok???
You could also look at framus. They also use closed backs like mesa does, to get that tight bass response.
i havent looked much into this, but im gonna say vader is your best bet (keep in mind i only say this because misha mansoor swears by his, unless you can find an orange cab for the price)
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
You can get a used Vader for $250 in mint condition..
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at Mar 24, 2009,
well when your looking for a cab for a particular genre, the name of the cab company shouldnt be your primary concern.

Speakers are primary.

look into avatar.

http://avatarspeakers.com/
you can mix them to witch is a huge plus.

i say vintage 30's would do the trick.

Classic lead 80's would be good to.
BUllet + HCAF= DOES NOT COMPUTE ?!?!?!?!

/ of meaningless post

You cant go wrong with avatars mah child.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
AVATAR. Dave is awesome, just call and he will give you his opinion on what would work. He knows is stuff.
yea man go avatar...i think u can get a new one made for about $400 if its a 2x12....i would say get a closed back just for teh brutAlz.....
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD MH-1000 String Thru w/SD's (brown ftw!)
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Amps/Pedals
Peavey Triple XXX Head
Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Analog Reverb Pedal
Line 6 Spider III combo