I had an epiphany last night. Sort of.

I was talking to my dad about thinking about quiting guitar because its an end-less pursuit of tone, and nothing sounds good to me anymore.

He said it sounded like I was thinking too much about tone, rather than technique and actual skill. I guess that makes sense, I've been distracted by tone, rather than staying focused on playability.

I'm still going to be saving up for gear, cause you always want more stuff. LOL
But in the meantime, I'm going to continue taking lessons and learn more tricks and such. More technique, theory, and so forth.

I now know why I made all those threads. LOL

Just thought y'all should know.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
Alright.
It's not like we were gonna get pics or clips anyways, if you did buy a sweet amp
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Congratulations, you have now suffered from one of the many common guitar playing syndromes. I'm coming off of the same thing and as a result have sold a massive Midi rack rig and now have a single channel amp with a few stompboxes, all so I would focus less on messing around with different tonal options and focus more on playing the guitar.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Your dad speaks the truth. For every pedal, amp, or multifx that you thinks sounds horrible, you can put a good guitar player in front of it and it's sounds darn good.
to fly135, +infinity!
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
this is big...and i really mean it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
It's true, I almost quite once, although I"m still obssesed with tone I've gotten to the point where i will plug in in play if I HAVE to it doesn't mean I have to like the MG or Spider I'm plugged into but I can and play well enough that it doesn't sound to bad and thats what i've always worked twoards, the point where it always sounds good.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by fly135
Your dad speaks the truth. For every pedal, amp, or multifx that you thinks sounds horrible, you can put a good guitar player in front of it and it's sounds darn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9v5e1TTwts
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
remember,
if joe satriani had a really ****ty tone, he would still rock on

tone is important, but not as important as actual skill. and by adding chains and chains of pedals, you're losing your tone quality with every connection and length of patch cord.

never give up playing guitar
just find something different to play
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been