Me and my friend have started an acoustic-cover band 'cause our last band's members didn't act as serious as we would have wanted.

Well, to the point, I would like some tips on what to get better on learning how to know what to play under someone else when they solo or play some sort of scale and could maybe tell me what else could be good to know
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
What kind of music do you play?

acoustic-cover

read? :\

anything acoustic
Quote by CrazyTy
acoustic-cover

read? :\

anything acoustic

The acoustic guitar is an instrument, not a genre. I could recommend you some progressive music, some Metallica, some jazz, some blues, some pop, some flamenco, and some baroque. Which do you prefer?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
He/she said anything acoustic. One of my favorite acoustic players is Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth, check some of thier songs out.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I like taking punk songs and playing them on my acoustic. I usually play either the verse or chorus chord progression under a solo or scale. Sometimes I like to rake muted strings for a percussive rhythm.
I have played metal for 2 years but would want to learn more acoustic guitar just to expand my view and skills