hey im pretty much new in punk , im more like 80 rock man .
Anyway i wanted to ask that is there any .. tehniques which is pretty much only used in punk or something ?
I have understand that punk is lots off power chords and riffs , but is there any special punk tehniques ?

Ty .
palm mute, palm mute, palm mute
Thats the 3 main ones.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
revert back to playing like you did the first 6 months you after you started to play guitar;
you sir have just become a punk legend
Last edited by tukk04 at Mar 23, 2009,
Techniques tend to vary with artists and songs but a lot of stuff like The Ramones and Sex Pistols use dead notes and palm mutes and simple stuff like that.

EDIT: What they said ^
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Last edited by alfonzo99 at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by alkalineweeman
palm mute, palm mute, palm mute (using 3, and only 3 chords)

Fixed.
Quote by tukk04
revert back to playing like you did the first 6 months you after you started to play guitar;
you sir have just become a punk legend

True, it's much more about creative freedom and whacky, yet simple, riffs rather than complex technical guitaring.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
Quote by decayingdave
True, it's much more about creative freedom and whacky, yet simple, riffs rather than complex technical guitaring.

i meant that you dont have to be super-good at guitar, just creative
take everything you have learned over the years.......throw it out the window........find a bass player.............tell him to play good.................play about 3 different chords through the whole song
Quote by geeve420
only one solution..........rape, but not from you cause that's just wrong. Go into town and hire someone.
ahh wow punk bashing in the punk forum, i wish i was metal enough to have balls to do that...
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Ignore everything said in this thread, first off.

After that, specify what bands you're defining as punk and what sounds your interested in and you can figure it out from there. The genre is way too diverse (despite what your average elitist will tell you) to give you any tips based off of "I like punk, what are the techniques?"
DOWN&OUT
Quote by BostonLacrosse
ahh wow punk bashing in the punk forum, i wish i was metal enough to have balls to do that...

learn the thy BR00TAL ways young one...
if u wana lpay punk just have to play a power chord but real bad and paint ur finger nails cut yourself and just have some guy screaming some stupid i hate the goverment annarchy
Practice your eight finger tapping and sweep picking.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Well there aren't really any specific techniques I can think of. There are tons of different playing styles in the genre though and tons of different skill levels.

Some good punk bands to listen to if you want guitar stuff are Black Flag, Fifteen, Television, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, Husker Du, The Ergs, and Minutemen. That should give you some different punk playing styles to look over.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
play whatever the **** you want.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
I just cut my hair.

Thats an advanced punk technique. Do not attempt.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Well there aren't really any specific techniques I can think of. There are tons of different playing styles in the genre though and tons of different skill levels.

Some good punk bands to listen to if you want guitar stuff are Black Flag, Fifteen, Television, Richard Hell and the Voidoids, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, Husker Du, The Ergs, and Minutemen. That should give you some different punk playing styles to look over.

Don't listen to this kid, he is stupid and unp0nx.
Punk is more about how you look, so get your guitar nice and low, and practice looking cool in a mirror before you even touch the neck and start learning about notes and chords and **** that doesn't matter.
The arms are supposed to be ridiculously thin, these kids are addicted to Codeine addicts.

Unfortunately I can't draw for sh*t.