alright the band im in now we've gathered a decent fan base around where we live and we have pretty loyal and dedicated fans which im thankful for everyday, well a friend of mine has a local show coming up at one of the venues we usually play at, we have a show the night before at the same place. what we were planning on doing is bringing her up on stage to sing one or two songs with us to help promote her show the following night.

now my question is should the band keep up the same energy that we always do or should we step back in the shadows and let her grab the crowds attention? thanks ahead of time for any advice
Hm well if its to promote her, let her take the limelight but try to keep a fraction of your energy with the crowd. Then pick up your energy again.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
If it's your gig you should keep up the energy imo. I assume she'd be doing a duet with your vocalist or something? Just keep going as you would with her as a guest. Maybe have sections to let her show off I suppose, but if I was paying to see you, I wouldn't be impressed if I ended up sitting through somebody else (presuming that some members of the audience won't like her) whilst you became a backing band.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
If it's your gig you should keep up the energy imo. I assume she'd be doing a duet with your vocalist or something? Just keep going as you would with her as a guest. Maybe have sections to let her show off I suppose, but if I was paying to see you, I wouldn't be impressed if I ended up sitting through somebody else (presuming that some members of the audience won't like her) whilst you became a backing band.

if she does two songs one of them is just gonna be her, we havent decided the song yet. and the other will be a duet with our lead singer and her singing gimme shelter

but if she only does one then itll just be gimme shelter
keep up the energy abit
but if your promoting her try and give her some of the limelight
compromise
maybe have your guitarists going wild but as the vocalist maybe step down abit