So i'm in the market for a new guitar. Possibly a tele. It has to have humbuckers, especially in the bridge position. I hear that some teles or tele copies have these. I'm also looking for a wider (fatter) neck. This guitar won't really be used for that "fender" tone, im going to be using it in relatively high gain settings.

Is there a tele out there for me? I've looked at the squier master series teles, which seem perfect, but they are discontinued. Anything similar to that? What companies should I look at?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
jim root signature or the john 5 signature will both match that...

Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Quote by tilinmyowngrave
jim root signature or the john 5 signature will both match that...

+1 Or a Fender Deluxe Tele, but thats swinging to the rock/les paul kinda way.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
You could get any general Tele and install Humbuckers yourself as another option.

Other than that, a John-5 Tele should be fine.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
If your lookin for a tele with humbuckers I recommend the Fender 72 Deluxe. I wanted the same thing your searching for now and I found it with this guitar. I think they're about $800 brand new but I got mine off craigslist for $500.
Well these models may not have Humbuckers at the bridge but I highly recommend Tradition's line of JR models. Most of them have Mahogany bodies and all have Humbuckers in the neck, All which can be half turned off. One model even has a Tremolo on it that doesn't make your strings go out of tune after use.

JR Standard (This is the only model that doesn't have a Mahogany body, It has a Basswood body)

JR Gold (Soon to come with a Tremolo)

JR Vintage (Has a Trem King bridge that returns your strings to tune very well)

JR Signature Pro (This model has three pickups, The one in the middle is a mini humbucker)

The Trem King that the Vintage model has, A Trem King, Is a very well put together bridge. I played one and it returned the strings to pitch perfectly and I could even use it in a "Reverse bar" technique which means pulling the strings rather than giving them relief.

Tradition's website (Directly linked to the Telecaster section)

http://traditionguitars.com/guitars/jr/jrs_stand.html

Trem King's website (If you want to check them out)

http://www.tremking.com/index.html
thanks guys, yea i looked at the tradition guitars, but they seem to be geared toward country folk. I'll check out the john-5 and the 72 deluxe.

Also i found this?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26041116

is that a crappy cheap fender? or is it relatively nice?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Yeah John 5 sig guitar.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
both of those signature models are really ugly. and i don't think i could bring myself to play a signature guitar of guitarists that in my opinion have pretty bad tone.

what about the special edition custom tele FMT HH? It seems cheap for a fender but eh?
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
^no bridge humbucker...

any other recommendations?
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
ah sorry my mistake, got mixed up between bridge and neck.

could you not install a single coil size humbucker?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Fender '72 Tele Deluxe

LINK
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I was just looking at Spear guitars this afternoon.
They have some pretty attractive neck-thru tellies. Well, more like metal guitar with a tele twist to it.

G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by pmeg568c
thanks guys, yea i looked at the tradition guitars, but they seem to be geared toward country folk. I'll check out the john-5 and the 72 deluxe.

Also i found this?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-FMT-Electric-Guitar?sku=511262&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26041116

is that a crappy cheap fender? or is it relatively nice?

I think this would be a decent choice, since its dual hum and mahogany body. You could get some good tones out of those. Of course, it would be best to play first.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
If you live in the USA try looking at some Teles shaped guitars that rondomusic.com offers.

Oh yeah. They even offering 7-string tele. See if the neck is wide enuff? :P
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

well rondomusic has a nice basswood tele. I dunno if i would like the sound of basswood though. Even though its a cheap enough guitar that I could probably just buy it to test it out

anyone know if something like that would be good for punk/hardcore? I recently got a red bear amp and i'm looking for a new guitar, not necessarily high gain, but itll need to do a sound similar to converge.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
John-5 tele, '72 tele, Peavey tele with dual humbuckers, and I think charvel makes a really cool tele shape with a floyd rose and seymour duncuns.