Just today, I found that whenever I plugged into my Valveking, I'd get an obscene amount of feedback/noise. Could a tube be going bad? How can I tell?

I bought this used, so I feel like there's a very good chance its the tubes.
Also, do I need to make any adjustments to the amp when switching preamp tubes? Correct me if I'm wrong but biasing is for power tubes.
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Quote by SlashYourFug
How high is the gain and/or volume? Do you still get feedback at low volumes?

I think you probably just need a noisegate. Get an ISP Decimator. That should take care of it.

It happens on the lead channel, at all volumes, and it never happened before
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Quote by PREQUEL2SEQUEL
It happens on the lead channel, at all volumes, and it never happened before

Oh, I didn't realize it just started happening recently. I'm fairly sure it's not the tubes. I haven't known bad tubes to cause feedback. In that case, I don't know the cause of it, but the Decimator would still help solve it.
Ok, one of the preamp tubes is glowing really really brightly, I think there's something wrong with that one..

I also sound like an idiot for saying this, but how do you remove the tubes? I'm pulling up on it pretty hard and it won't come out
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Pull the tube particularly hard. Sometimes they require an awful lot of effort. Sometimes (if necesary) I wrap a flathead screwdriver with cloth and pry them out. Preamp tubes require no adjustments, and yes it sounds like a microphonic preamp tube is the culprit.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Ok, thanks
One more question, how long can I expect new tubes to last, if I play maybe an hour a day or so
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Quote by Kendall
Pull the tube particularly hard. Sometimes they require an awful lot of effort. Sometimes (if necesary) I wrap a flathead screwdriver with cloth and pry them out. Preamp tubes require no adjustments, and yes it sounds like a microphonic preamp tube is the culprit.
Do not pry a preamp tube out with a screwdriver, ever. They can be stubborn, but they will always eventually come out with the gentle "wiggle and tug" technique.
When tubes go bad they can sometimes give off unwanted feedback and even high pitch whistling. You could either have a bad preamp tube, which I expect would be the V2 (2nd from the input) since that is the gain spot and your problem is on the lead channel. This would be an easy fix. Or, you could have a bad power tube and a set of those aren't cheap.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I'm probably going to change all the preamp tubes, since they seem to be stock anyways
And I eventually got them out w/wiggling and tugging
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube