http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tep2t4T_Pu0&feature=channel_page

Honest post:
Ok I gonna put the thruth on the table.

I posted this video to boost my confidence.
I always feel that I suck even though people tell me that I'm pretty good.
I know that there are alot of uber guitar gods on UG and I want a honest relliable opinion, so that I know of I suck (so that I can work even harder until I put anything up) or if I'm pretty good (to boost my confidence in music in general).

Plus I want to show of my PGM and my ****ing comfy pants.
Seriously those are some of the most comfortable pants I have ever worn.
H/o gonna find a decent picture.

Un-honest post:
This is no song and it's not even a real jam.
Allthough I might turn some of the riffs and the tapping thing in the beginning into a song, the purpose of this recording was just to work on picking.
The original vid was 12,5 minutes long so I obviously cut alot of stuff out.

It's pretty much the same idea variated and repeated alot of times.
Please tell me which one you liked the most.

As I said, don't b hatin on the musical vallue of this.
Last edited by Evil_Magician at Mar 23, 2009,
How could you deface a beautiful guitar like that with stickers!

Other than that the videos nice Great playing there

Can i have the tab?
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Those aren't stickers
I would never do that to the PGM.
Just christmas window decoration kinda thingies.

They inspire me to play much more for some reason.

^^

Hell no !
Nah it was just licks that I came up on the spot.
Don't really have a tab and AM NOT WILLING TO TAB IT OUT !
You're just trying to show us how big your penis is.

None of this was of any real point other then showing of, and if you're going to do that then atleast be secure of yourself and tell us "hey guys, i'm so ****ing good, check me out"

PS: You're pretty damn good.

EDIT: On the subject, i liked the part where you went like ... "click" with your thingie stick (don't know the name in english) and went about jamming on the lower tones.
Last edited by Nielsyboy at Mar 23, 2009,
No honestly no dude.
I truly AVOID making "omg shredz videos" but I just realized that I have pretty OK picking technique and it's time to make one of those videos.
Plus I did this to work on playing harder stuff on camera and not epic failing which I mostly do.
Quote by Evil_Magician
No honestly no dude.
I truly AVOID making "omg shredz videos" but I just realized that I have pretty OK picking technique and it's time to make one of those videos.
Plus I did this to work on playing harder stuff on camera and not epic failing which I mostly do.

So you put it on here?
So you want us to tell you "dude your picking is OK, but could be better man" ...
You prick, your 3 times as good as most of the people that come here.

Just kidding ^^
No harsh feelings
Much love and peace

I know that there are alot of uber guitar gods on UG and I want a honest relliable opinion, so that I know of I suck (so that I can work even harder until I put anything up) or if I'm pretty good (to boost my confidence in music in general).

Quote by Evil_Magician

Heheh now your being awesome.
See? If you just put that in the beginning instead of that sorry excuse for an explanation about why you posted this shredfest I might ave gone straight to the point in telling you that i'm nowhere near your level of playing, nor do I play the same style, which makes me completely useless to your desires of an honest opinion about your playing (which sounded pretty good to me). But your thread would probably be a lot shorter due to my lots of posts. I'll shut up now, nice playing
Quote by Evil_Magician

You are good. I'd love to hear some improvising from you though, and I think guitarists show their true colors when they do improv. Here, the title is obviously "shred picking mania", so I wasn't expecting anything else, but it's easier for me, at least, to judge how good you are from your improv. You've got some incredibly tasty licks in that vid, so I know I'm gonna be in for quite the soloing . Keep it up man

The PG tapping licks at the beginning were great haha.

EDIT: That is, if they were the PG style tapping? I can't hear too well but you know how he does the four seasons? was it that type of pattern?
Last edited by beadhangingOne at Mar 23, 2009,
Thank you for your reply man.
I improvise ALOT when I play so doing something like this is a great rut-breaker.
I used to do alot of improv tracks before, I think I should do some more since they used to really help me out.

If you do wanna check an improv video of mine, check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GntPFzgGvmU&feature=channel_page
But pretend that the fast licks sound more like the licks on the thread-video.

EDIT: Nah, very little of my tapping is PG inspired.
I get my tapping inspiration from Vai and Allan Holdsworths runs.
The tapping thing in the beginning was just a stripped down Allan Holdsworth wide stretch type thing.
Nice playing

Theres alot of really neat phrasings in there

Alot of parts reminds me of petrucci as well

You're getting some good tones thats for sure, and IMO I thought it was damn good

I love to watch people improvise over vamps like this, thats where you really hear the maturity of a player and what they can do with the guitar.
Last edited by Silky Smooth at Mar 23, 2009,
Hey Silky,
Since you are aware of my gear, I used the Valveking 112 with only delay for the tapping and no other effects during the whole thing.

Thank you.

EDIT: Damnit, now I feel guilty for not making a real improv instead of just wanking all the time.
Hey, when I come back from school tomorow, imma do a similar vamp probably in different keys and do a real improv

This is definatly a confidence booster for me, pretty much just getting it out there.
Sweet!! It sounds great!

You deffinetly do not suck, your picking sounds clean and good
Last edited by Silky Smooth at Mar 23, 2009,