So, i finaly purchased some lemon oil for my guitar. I wanna clean the freatboard, and suposedly lemon oil is the key. I do have a rosewood freatboard, so no worries there. How do i go about it? how much of this stuff should i use? and how long do i have to keep it on?
Also, im changing from .9s to .10s, will i have to make major adjustments to my truss rod?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
dab it on a cloth, wipe on, leave on for 2-5 mins. I leave it, polish the finish and wipe off.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
wipe of with a dry cloth? And what kind of cloth should this be, would a kitchen rag do?
9's and 10's have basically the same tension. not as wildly different like some 13's as which i am using now (2 steps down tuning thought)
Yup.
I'd use a softer cloth. And with a fresh, dry cloth.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Mar 23, 2009,
i use blue kitchen cloths, fold them up a bit then hold over the top of the bottle and tip it upside down to get like 2 patches together. that's good for half a dozen frets maybe.

keep repeating til the whole fretboard has a nice coating then leave for a few minutes and wipe off all the excess.

then string up and enjoy your lemoney clean neck

you should be ok going to 10s unless you have a strat with a super tempramental trem
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ok, im gonna apply the coating with the kitchen cloth and then wipe it off with my soft cloth. And luckily my guitar is a hardtail (well one at leas...)
wow, that is a lot of dirt! do i have to get it all off?
10's are fine on a strat, I wouldn't go lower as a matter of fact. If you're up to a bit of work, go for 11's if you want them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
there, cleaned and restrung. I have to say that of all the things i ever bought for my guitars, this peg winder is the most usefull one
Quote by gorkyporky
there, cleaned and restrung. I have to say that of all the things i ever bought for my guitars, this peg winder is the most usefull one

Hear Hear.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.