I cant choose between the two. Both have had great reviews and both seem like they would be suitable for my playing style.(heavier style with a lot of leads like joe satriani). I think the only difference between the two pedals is that the distx has a darker heavier distortion and doesnt clean up as much as the dist. From your experience what do you think is a better pedal?

I use a schecter omen 6 guitar with an emg 81 in the bridge.
What amp are you using?

I used to own the DistX but sold it after a few months.....It's got loads of distortion, but the bottom end is too loose for playing metal...
I use a HT-Dual and its ****ing awesome, I would recommend having a look at it. The 2 channels mean you can switch over from clean/crunch to awesome heavy gain. Seriously good pedal, allegedly the best on the market.
Blackheart Distortion pedals sounds like crap to me
give us the amp you are using and then you can get more answers.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Buy a blackstar ht-5 instead!
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
^ if he has the money for it, he could just buy a B-52
just my suggestion.
feel free to add me
I'm using a small Kustom combo amp. It has a Vox bulldog speaker in it? Im not sure what the speaker is called really..But the amp can handle a lot of bass and heavy distortion because I use amplitube 2 with it so i know. I just got my tax refund today and i want to get one of the blackstar pedals because its affordable to me right now. And i really want a better sounding distortion to record on on rc-2 pedal...So right now im leaning more towards the dist because my guitar is already very dark sounding so..what do you guys think? Or do you have any other pedals in mind?
^ EMGs usually suck when used on SS amps.
new mp is the way to go if you want to improve your tone.
feel free to add me
But the pedal has tubes in it doesnt it? Thats really why i want it because its like changing my ss into a tube amp. I already have the emg 81 in my guitar..i mean how bad can it sound? I dont want to have to spend a fortune just to get a decent tone..you can get pretty good tone out of cheaper stuff..I would show you with one of my youtube vids but it was deleted for some reason....
but anyway I'm not playing gigs or anything i just want to have fun at home recording on my boss loop.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ EMGs usually suck when used on SS amps.
new mp is the way to go if you want to improve your tone.

They don't suck with them, they're just not phenomenal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by CrippleBastards
But the pedal has tubes in it doesnt it? Thats really why i want it because its like changing my ss into a tube amp. I already have the emg 81 in my guitar..i mean how bad can it sound? I dont want to have to spend a fortune just to get a decent tone..you can get pretty good tone out of cheaper stuff..I would show you with one of my youtube vids but it was deleted for some reason....
but anyway I'm not playing gigs or anything i just want to have fun at home recording on my boss loop.

That will not make your SS amp sound like a tube amp. It will only make your tone slightly warmer and I mean slightly. Theres a reason tube amps have up to 6 preamp tubes and 4 power tubes. Thats where you get tube amp tone from, not a single tube barely running up to snuff crammed into a pedal.

Honestly I cant stand Blackstar pedals and think they sound horrible for the amount of money they cost. Just save up and get an actual tube amp or something like a Ampeg VH140C if you like SS but with a tube tone.