http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Groove-310C-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480765
I haven't heard a lot about Kustom amps in general, but I just noticed this one on Musician's Friend...seems to have gotten pretty positive reviews. Anybody have any experience with one of these? Just curious
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for an hour.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Last edited by DJbonedog at Mar 23, 2009,
They arent Kustoms
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Hehe, oops >_< ...wrong copy+paste - sorry guys! That was what I was talking about. *Edits first post*
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for an hour.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
That’s one giant combo. Haven't played/heard of the brand. But for $500 for 1200 watts sounds like wroth some research.
Its correct. I've know about this for like a month now.

Its the Groove Series, Kustom's highest quality bass amps.
1200 without the use of any external cabinet.
RMS Wattage: 1200 w/Internal Speaker (Eminence speakers too)
But it does have Speak-On connectors.
I've been wondering if you can use internal + external.

Heavy though (Weight: 138 lbs/ 62.6 kg)

I'm torn between this or the Carvin 600watt Combos.
I think the 310 is kind of sketchy, just because it's a lot of power for so few speakers.

But, I love Kustom. Their stuff is built like tanks, but they are indecently heavy, I think. I also find that they seem/are perceived to be louder than what you'd expect.

I've played with my school band (8 tenor & alto saxes, a few trumpets, two trombones, snare and aux percussion) with my 16w combo, with almost no mid or high, on the amp and the bass. You could still hear me, which doesn't seem entirely plausible, but it's the truth. And that's my no-one-cares story for the day (:

I say go for it
A bass player from another band that played with us at a gig played through an old kustom head. sounded good. he said his went through a fire so he built a wooden box for it and covered it in tolex. I couldn't even tell. and it still worked.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Kustom annoy me. My first amp was a 30 watt Kustom loaded with a 10" Celestion speaker and it couldn't handle an open E string without farting, after about 6 months it started creating an overtone about an octave higher than the note I was playing. When using the headphone output, it sounded ok..but that Celestion was buggered beyond hope.
i call lemon. low end models tend to have a lot more lemons than mid-high range models.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I own a 200w kustom combo, and I am very pleased with it. As Ive mentioned, I do a lot of gigging, from small clubs to broadway sized theatres (500+ seats) and my kustom always permorms very well.
I have a small Kustom 16 watt bass amp combo, and its great. I mean, for a practice amp, its fantastic. Not the greatest tone in the world, but it has unbelievable volume for one speaker, and at 16 watts too.

This would be awesomly powerful, and yes, it would be built like a tank. Ive maxed my bass amp for about.... 1 1/2 years now, and its yet to have a problem. They are heavy though, so if weights an issue, then think about something else. but for power and strength, they are great little machines.

I do have to agree with the above post about E string farting though, make sure its speakers are strong. Or use external strong speakers.
Last edited by Quinny90210 at Mar 24, 2009,
Weren't they cancelled forever ago? I know the dude from Trivium used those heads (maybe even 2 of those combos) at one point.

You know what? I kinda like that thing. At that price, you can't go wrong, even if they are Behringer watts.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Kustoms are built like tanks. Even their low end models. Loud. I had one of their low end practice amps (KBA10) and while the tone left alot to be desired, it was loud for that little 10 watts.

I donated it to the studio and it takes the constant abuse of 10 - 12 year olds using it as well as being an amp for the electronic drums.
I've played one of those and I have to say they are wonderful. If I hadn't just bought my Trace Elliot over winter I would buy one of those. They have a great tone, and are obscenely loud. People at my local music shop yelled at me because i was making the guitars reverberate over in the next room.
GAS List:
Nothing
That's a very odd configuration, but I imagine it'd be pretty good...though i'd like to see how the speakers are connected
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by anarkee
Kustoms are built like tanks. Even their low end models. Loud. I had one of their low end practice amps (KBA10) and while the tone left alot to be desired, it was loud for that little 10 watts.

I donated it to the studio and it takes the constant abuse of 10 - 12 year olds using it as well as being an amp for the electronic drums.

Thats my current amp, I can't play it above 1/16 pf the volume without incurring the wrath of those around me.
Yeah i ordered this amp from musician's friend and waited 2 months for it. Horrible distortion problems, the power switch was broken when i got it, the head has a huge dent in it. I would recommend not buying this.