I have been searching all over but I cannot find a simple answer. I have a regular Korg guitar tuner. I have always played by ear, so I am not the greatest at music theory. I want to play in Drop C.

So if anyone has used that tuner before, they know that it doesn't just give you the note straight up, You have to use the flats.

Drop C would be: C G C F A D

Now, to make my E a C, do I use 3 flats? And is it 3 flats for each of the following standard notes as well? If anyone could let me know how many flats for each standard note to make the above tuning, that would be wonderful and I would appreciate you forever. Thank you and I hope to get an answer soon!
push the flat button four times for the E and tune it to E then tune the rest of the strings (ADGBE) using 2 flats

simples
you should just spring for a chromatic tuner. you can get a cheap one and it'll save you alot of trouble
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
I have heard another answer on another place as well. that I just am describing Drop C with D tuning.

I have been 3 flatting my E and 1 flatting by other strings.....I also make my high e, a B, because I'm so hardcore that way ;P.

Thanks everyone for answering so far though. So it should be 3 flats on E and 1 on everything else or 4 and 2?
Quote by cheez1492
you should just spring for a chromatic tuner. you can get a cheap one and it'll save you alot of trouble

This.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
Quote by DeathMask
This.

Thanks for the comment even though I didn't ask about that.

DeathMask, congratulations, you are cliche'. Everyone and their mother says, "This". If you are going to comment, say something worthwhile instead of wasting space.
^ Still, I think you should get a chromatic tuner. They are dirt cheap and many also have decent metronomes built in. I recommend the BOSS TU-80.
DeathMask, congratulations, you are cliche'. Everyone and their mother says, "This". If you are going to comment, say something worthwhile instead of wasting space.

This

(sorry, I couldn't resist)