I am fixing one of these up and need a schematic, because the guts are trashed. However, I can't find a schem online (For free). Anyone know where I can find one?
What combination of pickups, pots and switches does it have?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Kustom as in the amps right?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
you can get one for $7 is that really too much?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I've got the III bass and I know I've seen the schemes somewhere, lemme see if I can find it for you.

http://www.vintagekustom.com/frame.html

these guys USED to have them. Not anymore.

I guess Broadway Musical for $7 is your only option. What's up with your kustom, anyway?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Mar 24, 2009,
Thanks guys. I'll look for the schem for $7, the only one I found cost $20.
To Random Hero: It's two channels, with plenty 'o knobs, its at my workshop and I'll get the specifics later. I do know the power switch is 3-way, and I have no idea why, because I'm waiting on a fuse before I can power it up. Any idea why? The only concievable thing I think it could be would be off-standby-on, but this is an SS amp......
It is possible that the fuse and a few broken off caps could be the only problems, it's just that some of the things in this amp I have never seen before in my life, and I'm very curious.
Thanks guys!
actually, it's on-off-on. There's no difference between the on and other on positions. Broadway Musical Company or something like that should have the schemes for $7. What's wrong with the inside of the amp, though? It's not that complicated of a circuit and you should be able to approximate what's up with it as long as the PCB is in tact. I've done some work on mine (a transformer swap, supoosedly they have some issues, mine did) and replaced a cap on the PCB. All the other work (it's been taken in twice for bad caps) were done by a tech.

The sound for guitar is pretty decent, I'm not sure if the guitar version has the "bright" switches and the "voicing" knob, but it's a pretty versatile amp that can get you a really nice, sparkly clean tone, it just lacks spank. For bass, it can get a pretty wide array of useable tones. I hope you get it working again, I love mine. I wish I could find the guitar recordings I did with it.
The schem isn't to fix it anymore, I've diagnosed the problem (Burned out fuse, broken off caps) but to understand more about the amp. It's actually not necessary.
ok. I get it, my bad, I misunderstood.
Update, not to start a new thread: Transformer is shot, fuses did not help, so I tested the iron and what do you know. Now, what to do with this? I'm considering building a new amp into the chassis, but I'd be welcome to suggestions..........
Quote by Pastorius
Update, not to start a new thread: Transformer is shot, fuses did not help, so I tested the iron and what do you know. Now, what to do with this? I'm considering building a new amp into the chassis, but I'd be welcome to suggestions..........

you looking to use it as a guitar or bass amp? Cause, that would make a difference. I'm not 100% the guitar version has the "voice" knob the bass amp does.
not really helping your more recent problems, but try actually emailing Kustom themselves. thats how i get my schematics
I've emailed Kustom already. The amp was made before whoever owns it now bought it... so no schem. It is the guitar amp, and does have the voice knob.
that voice knob can get you a great range of bass tones out of the amp. I loved it. I think the Kustom III makes a much better bass amp than guitar amp, personally.