hey i just bought a second hand ibanez EDA 905 - 5 string i dont belive they even make them anymore....but yeah everything works fine except when im plugged in my D string sounds alot quieter then all my other strings anyone know what the problem could be?
i can't speak for the EDA line, but i currently own 2 Ibanez GDSes and the stock pickups were definately just lacking tone on the highend. not surprising for such a cheap bass, but it was my reason for upgrading. it may be a similar thing, just crappy pickups? best i can think of.
the eda series has individual string volumes in the back underneath the bridge i believe. It's part of the piezo system. either try turning the piezo pickups off all the way with a knob on the bass or turn the volume up in the back of the bass. I've wanted one of these for so long. which color did you get? silver or candy apple red? actually i think candy apple red was only on the 4 string models. I'm pretty sure they had another reddish orange color for the 5 string though.

EDIT: there is a removable panel directly behind the bridge. it should be adjustable under there.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Mar 24, 2009,
Not familiar with the model, but it just sounds like that pole is a different height then the rest. But revelation seems familiar with the model, so you should probably listen to him
oh ya. when i was in high school these were still in production but i didn't have the money for one. If I ever see one I'm buying it. especially if it's in candy apple red. Even if it's just for looks. Amazing looking basses!

The cover i mentioned earlier is clearly visible in the bottom right of this picture if you didn't get my description. it's the long thin one.

http://www.chrisguitars.com/iban-eda900-sn3.jpg

EDIT: even if it is a problem with the pickups you could probably even out the volume with the individual piezo volume until you get a new pickup or figure out what is wrong with yours. I bet it's just that the piezo volume is just turned down low on that string.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu