well im doing a project in my geography class, and i was looking for something interesting about my state i was given, arkansas.
couldnt find a thing til i typed in weird arkansas laws.
it is apparently illegal to mispronounce Arkansas, or jail for 30 days or a fine i think.
there are loads more, some even more stupid.
i believe there was a law in kansas that made it illegal to shoot animals out of a moving car, othe than a whale.
so name some from your state!
edit:i wish i was a cop. i would enforce every law.
Last edited by Dacons13 at Mar 23, 2009,
i wish i remembered the states these apply to but here are some wacky laws (of which state i don't know)

in one state its illegal to dance with a hat on.
in another its illegal to hunt rabbits from a speedboat
in another its illegal to eat someone elses hamburger.

thats all

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.
You cannot pump your own gas. (I love that one. And I've lived in NJ all my life so I find it weird when people pump their own gas)
I heard one along the lines of no crossing a state line with a duck on your head
and no tying your giraffe to a telephone pole
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Sorry to inform you but you're stuck with two options: Corn or tornados. That's all they got to offer...
Isn't it illegal to be a witness in a court if you are an atheist an Arkansas? That sounds pretty fucked up to me
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Well.......
No, Arkansas has nothing intresting.

well arkansas was my state for my project, so i saw one other one that stood out. you can beat your wife once every month with a stick no longer than 3 inches. arkansas is pretty interesting id say.
Quote by joshua122593
You can't put an ice cream cone in your pocket if you're in Texas.

That's bullshit man, you got to fight the power! Form the united icecream cone in pocket front. Firebomb some shit.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
In Florida, if your under the age of 50 your subjected to heckling and suspicion for no reason.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
The mere possession of a lottery ticket is illegal in North Carolina
and may result in a $2,000 fine.
No one may be a professional fortune-teller, and if one wishes to pursue the practice as an amateur, it must be practiced in a school or church.
It’s against the law to sing off key.
Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled.
If a man and a woman who aren’t married go to a hotel/motel and register themselves as married then, according to state law, they are legally married.
All couples staying overnight in a hotel must have a room with double beds that are at least two feet apart.
It is illegal to have sex in a churchyard.
Oral sex is considered a crime against nature.
A marriage can be declared void if either of the two persons is physically impotent.
Persons in possession of illegal substances must pay taxes on them.
A three dollar tax must be paid on all white goods sold.
Organizations may not hold their meetings
while the members present are in costume.
Bingo games may not last over 5 hours unless it is held at a fair.
Serving alcohol at a bingo game is not allowed.
In Virginia, there's an old, old, old, law that has never been enforced, but never stricken from the law books that says the only legal sex position is Missionary and it can only be used for conception.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by Kensai
That's bullshit man, you got to fight the power! Form the united icecream cone in pocket front. Firebomb some shit.

Let's make a group. united icecream cone in pocket front
Last edited by joshua122593 at Mar 23, 2009,
In Utah I believe (not completely sure though) it is illegal for a Horse to eat a fire hydrant.

The weird part is, obviously these things have happened more than once, or there wouldn't be laws against them...
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.
Tennessee:

More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.

Giving and receiving oral sex is still prohibited by law.

Stealing a horse is punishible by hanging.

No Christian parent may require their children to pick up trash from the highway on Easter day.

It is legal to gather and consume roadkill.

Interracial marriages are illegal.

It is illegal to dare a child to purchase a beer.

In one town: It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.

Obviously most of these probably aren't enforced.

Edit: It is also illegal for women to drive cars alone. They must have a man in front of the car waving a red flag. This is to warn other motorists and pedestrians that a woman is driving.

It's illegal to electrically charge a trash can in Knoxville.
Last edited by werty22 at Mar 23, 2009,
It's illegal to kill mexicans in California...
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
in kansas it is illegal to sell yellow margarine
they still do..
but i think they are in the process of removing the law..
sig under construction.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It's illegal to kill mexicans in California...

Quote by werty22

Edit: It is also illegal for women to drive cars alone. They must have a man in front of the car waving a red flag. This is to warn other motorists and pedestrians that a woman is driving.

Sexism at its finest.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by werty22
Tennessee:

More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.

Giving and receiving oral sex is still prohibited by law.

Stealing a horse is punishible by hanging.

No Christian parent may require their children to pick up trash from the highway on Easter day.

It is legal to gather and consume roadkill.

Interracial marriages are illegal.

It is illegal to dare a child to purchase a beer.

In one town: It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.

Obviously most of these probably aren't enforced.

It's illegal to electrically charge a trash can in Knoxville.

Its illegal to sing in public or make a public display in a bikini in Florida.
love is love // return to dust
There's one state that says you need to have at least one rake.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
in Connecticut (some are town/city laws):
Town records may not be kept where liquor is sold.

You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.

In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.

It is illegal to dispose of used razor blades.

You cannot buy any alcohol after 9pm or on Sundays after noon on Sunday. (meh... not that weird, I guess, but it was in here so I left it. lol. it actually used to be 8pm, but they extended it an hour somewhere down the line)

It is illegal to discharge a firearm from a public highway.

It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.

Only white Christmas lights are allowed for display.

You aren’t allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands.

You may not educate dogs.

A local ordinance in one town prohibits people from playing Scrabble while waiting for a politician to speak.

Balloons with advertising on them are illegal in one city.

It's against the law to eat in your car.

It is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on Sunday.

It is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire.

An arcade may not have more than a total of four amusement devices such as ping-pong tables, pinball machines, or shuffleboard tables.

Silly string is banned.

It is illegal for any beautician to hum, whistle, or sing while working on a customer.

in one town it's illegal for a politician to campaign at the town dump.

in one city it's illegal to plant a tree in the street.

In Connecticut it is illegal to pirouette while crossing the street
It's my experience, as someone who actually studies the law, that nearly every 'stupid law' actually comes from unfounded laypersons' interpretations of good laws, or long, long since repealed laws. Few are ever as clearly 'stupid' as various internet sites make out, furthermore, virtually none would be enforceable because the interpretations are so misconstrued. I should also add that a good proportion are simply made up.

The easiest test is to ask someone for the actual text of a stupid law. Usually, they a) [conveniently] don't have it, or b) it is completely different to what they are claiming.

Ok so the guy above me is a classic example (although some of those aren't weird at all). Note how the websites never actually cite the section or statue...

Anyway, without knowing the legislation I can guess how many of these came about.

"In Connecticut it is illegal to pirouette while crossing the street" and "You aren’t allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands." - the actually law probably says 'a person must cross the street in a fast and safe manner'.

"It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset." - this probably comes from something like 'a person must walk in a safe manner after sunset'.

"You may not educate dogs." - This probably just leaves parts out e.g. 'a person may not train a dog to harm other people' etc.

Or the guy below me...

"Chasing fish in a city park is against the law." - It probably says "a person must not chase any animal, bird, fish... in a city park".

"It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

One could land in jail for up to a year for making a false promise." - Seriously? How are these even stupid? The first one is a prime example of assault, I could shoot you with a water pistol and it would be per se illegal, bank robbery or otherwise. Hell, a vigorous handshake can be an assault. Likewise with the second one, it's not any false promise, it will be a false promise in certain circumstances (i.e. fraud).

Ok, last one, I promise. From earlier...

"You can't put an ice cream cone in your pocket if you're in Texas." - I'd imagine the law says 'a person may not carry (or conceal) a sharp object without lawful purpose'. See how you can draw the ice cream cone statement from this? It doesn't mean it is valid, accurate or enforceable.
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Mar 23, 2009,
Here's some from Louisiana:

It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.

One could land in jail for up to a year for making a false promise.

Chasing fish in a city park is against the law.

You may not tie an alligator to a fire hydrant.

It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it.

It is illegal to be an alcoholic.

In New Orleans, fire trucks are required by law to stop at all red lights.

It is illegal to wear an alligator costume.
Member #9 of the Carvin club