Im almost done putting together my rack setup, and i've been confused on this one for a while. I will be putting about 3 or 4 pedals in the rack, and im tryign to figure out a MIDI switching system to go with it. Also, a problem is - my orange RV50 is not MIDI compatible, so is it at all possible to channel switch with a midi controller?

Im basically looking for a Ground Control-esque board for multiple channel/pedal combonations. Any suggestions, or input about the channel switching issue?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
does your amp have a footswitch out?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
does your amp have a footswitch out?

Yes, both channel, and reverb.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
okay well the best way I could think is to buy the "Amp gizmo". You connect a cable from each channel out to the amp gizmo and it converts it into midi.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by Mathamology
Generally, if it's a one button footswitch, most MIDI systems can take a line out of the amp and change the channel without any built-in MIDI features.

It is a one button 1/4 insturment cable footswitch.

Can the Voodoo Labs Groud Control do this?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at Mar 23, 2009,
You have to look for an function called "Relay" or "Relay-switching". Most Midiboards are able to do this. Also the G-Major is able to switch between three channels.

For your pedals you need some kind of midilooper.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls
You have to look for an function called "Relay" or "Relay-switching". Most Midiboards are able to do this. Also the G-Major is able to switch between three channels.

For your pedals you need some kind of midilooper.

I just discovered the GCX, which is for channel/pedals, which is then fed to the Ground Control board via MIDI. Unfortunatly, the GCX is another $400 new, which sucks. To eBay, away!!!!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412