:satani am going to buy an amp this friday but im stuck in between 2. B-52 AT-112 60-Watt 1x12" Tube Combo Amp and the Line 6 Spider III 75 75W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp. I have never played the b-52 but i have heard excellent things about it. I have played the spider and i think it sounds amazing. I want an amp that can carry heavy distortion and have an awesome clean sounds. What u think:satan
B-52 deffinately. Good sounding amps, better than the Line 6 Spider iii's by far. You'll hate yourself if you buy a Spider iii, and so will UG...
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
Don't you even read threads on the said page!?!?

You know people always say B-52....at least come up with other choices and comparisons.

Use.the.search bar - for once in your life. It might spare you some time and money maybe...
B-52, by alooooooooooooot
awesome tube tone vs. cheapest modelling on the market
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
If your math-type person, then
B-52 > Spider

If your a frequent forum bored user, then
B-52 >>>>>>> Spider

If you ever hear the difference, you will think
B-52 > Spider

That being said, go with the B-52. You'll thank yourself later.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Quote by ddark
:satan

What?

Anyway, the B-52 will be leaps and bounds better than the Line 6 Spider III
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Every time I see one of these threads, my blood pressure rises and I go kill the neighbours' cat. I know cats are supposed to have nine lives, but that motherf*cker seems to have a thousand.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Search Bar Guy strikes again!!!! Cut him some slack... He's newer to the forum for f*cks sake.

Of the 2 choices, definitely B 52. The Spider sounds so digital and fake its not even funny
ok for the guy who kills his neighbors cats... no one told u to get on here, let alone reply with a pointless response, go do something better with your time. *:Satan was supposed to be a smilies
B-52 gets my vote.
can you give us a budget ant the styles that you play.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
GET THE SPIDER IT HAS LIEK ARTIST PRESETS AND ITS LIEK YEAAAAAAAAH!

/sarcasm, get the B52
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by shadow__666
Every time I see one of these threads, my blood pressure rises and I go kill the neighbours' cat. I know cats are supposed to have nine lives, but that motherf*cker seems to have a thousand.

There must be a hell of a lot of worried cats now....
aslong as you dont get a line 6 spider or a marshall mg you wont get bashed to badly on here lol
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by ddark
ok for the guy who kills his neighbors cats... no one told u to get on here, let alone reply with a pointless response, go do something better with your time. *:Satan was supposed to be a smilies

On the other hand, the site rules tell you to read the stickies and use the search function before you make a thread. Quite clearly, you have not done so.

Anyway, the B-52 is the better amp out of the two. But if you tell us what stuff you play and how much you want to spend, we can also suggest some other stuff that is worth a try.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by TheQuailman
On the other hand, they site rules tell you to read the stickies and use the search function before you make a thread. Quite clearly, you have not done so.

....again, POW - right in the kisser...
B-52
I own the 212, and I love it
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
I play metal, accoustic, and everything in between. My price range is $375 or less, and it pretty much has to be available at guitar center
Yeah the sound of the B52's really surprised me. Great thick tone with heaps of distortion on tap.

Fernandes Monterey Deluxe
Washburn WI45/FHB
Karina Les Paul Gold Top

--
Peavey 6505
Quote by ddark
I play metal, accoustic, and everything in between. My price range is $375 or less, and it pretty much has to be available at guitar center

You could try a blackstar HT-5. It's loud enough for home use, but you'll have trouble getting heared when playing with a band. If that is an important point, just go for the B52 instead.
Quote by TheQuailman
On the other hand, the site rules tell you to read the stickies and use the search function before you make a thread. Quite clearly, you have not done so.

Thank you, Q-man. Why the hell can't n00bs read the fucking stickies?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales