It's been a while since i've posted here, but such a problem calls for it.

I have a 1982 Peavey T-40 that's in great condition, considering it's almost 30 years old. I was cleaning it off about 5 minutes ago and noticed a crack from where the neck meets to body to the 17th fret. So I immediately removed the neck to investigate, and did not like what I found. The crack goes almost the entire height(?) of the neck

So Bass Forum, does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced replacement neck? I'd like to get a Peavey neck, keeping this bass as original as possible.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
You may be able to take it to a luthier, who could be able to repair the neck.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The only licensed luthier I knew of in my area went out of business a few weeks ago :\
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
The only licensed luthier I knew of in my area went out of business a few weeks ago :\

well he would have gone out of business due to a lack of money? eh?
so if you offer him money to do a repair job i doubt he will say no.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Well I don't know where the guy lives, plus he tried jacking the price when he made a nut for me, went from $45 to $95. Would GC do a fix like this?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Aww man, that sucks. Peavey T-40 still sell for a fantastic price and are always wanted. . To get a replacement neck for it will cost a lot of money as they are rare and wanted basses. Shinhoman has the best idea on this situation.

EDIT : ^^ damn. You could always take it along and see if they have an inhouse technician if they don't, they will have contacts for you.
Last edited by Micehorns at Mar 23, 2009,