what do you guys think about this little puppy?
i played one in GC and it sounded great.
im not look for size obviously, just something that sounds good and also a solid amp.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
It's my favourite small tube amp.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I have had one for a while now, and they're pretty good little amps. Not much volume, but it can get pretty crunchy, depending on your pickups. The cleans are also pretty bitchin'. The only thing that I don't like is the way it gets at "super-high" volumes. It gets kinda too crunchy in a way. But all in all, it's a good little amp!
I liked it a lot when I played it. But I've been warned, and I recently discoverd on my own, that the bass sounds awful. I'd get a new speaker for it, or an external cab.

I've decided to get a silverface champ instead.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
It's a nice amp. If you played it and liked it, there's really nothing else to consider.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I have one and love it. Great cleens and a beautiful warm overdrive.
I like mine, but the speaker just sounds terrible (especially when things get bassy) so I have a new one coming in any day now from weber.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I swapped the speaker in mine for Jensen and it sounds beautiful. I have been asked if it was a boutique amp before. It really is a great little amp
Gear:
Agile PRS Copy w/ floyd PS-970
Agile TC-730
Gibson SG faded
PODx3 live
B-52 AT-112
Modtones Dynodrive
Boss RC-2
It's decent stock, but with a speaker swap and maybe a tube swap, it'd get up to pretty good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I love mine. First one I turn to when I have a NPD. Stock and once the speaker is broken in is decent. I upgraded the tubes and got a Weber AlNiCo speaker. I have it sitting by my computer desk, so I use it a lot. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a classic rock toned amp at low wattage.

They are pretty inexpensive too. So it is not like you are busting the piggy-bank either.
Nice amp, shame about the speaker.

It's a shame they didn't make a head version.....
Quote by Goldenglove
Does the champion 600 need to be biased for new power tubes or is it cathode biased?

you just pop a new power tube in, if that means its cathode biased, no idea

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah, you can just pop a new power tube in
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5