I practice every day until my fingers are practically bleeding....but i dont seem to be going anywhere or getting any better....anybody have any tips?
Practice different technique's, styles, scales and songs. Don't always practice the same stuff. Practice with a metronome.
Quote by NearDissent
Practice different technique's, styles, scales and songs. Don't always practice the same stuff. Practice with a metronome.

this and it takes time dude
DROP IT
Kind of like what NearDissent said, practice with a purpose. Maybe even set a schedule for which days you will work on what techniques. It seems to work well for me
Quote by NearDissent

+1
What he said. Also, sometimes it is a good idea to take a week off and come back fully refreshed.
CAN I GET A +1?!
Learn Canon Rock.

For me a few years ago this was the turning point, and now I'm the most rippingest shredder in my school. But I also learned a little theory and learned how to write music, I'm not the guy that's always like "Yea Solo!", but it really helped my playing .
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
are you playing stuff you like?
or stuff thats within yoru ability range
i played piano for 5 years and got nowhere jsut because
i didnt enjoy what i was playing
its pointless trying to learn something thats too far out of your range
as it doesn't boost your confidence and you diont get anywhere with it for ages

try writing stuff i felt it helped me improve so much
Maybe your practicing the wrong way, Listen to some new bands and practice some of their songs, licks, and riffs, and use them in your soloing.
Play different kinds of music. Study different guitarist styles. Basically don't get stuck on one band. Nothing is better than diversity.
Jam with as many different musicians as you can as often as you can, you'd be amazed how quickly that improves your playing.