could it be used to get a decent crunchy distorted sound for punk as well as being really good for lead sections? Also considering the British Muff'n?
Or any other good suggestions, my rhythm guitarist suggested a Boss DS-2 but I'm not sure, watched a Boss Sound Check thing on youtube and it sounded really ****ty for neck p/up lead sections.

P.S. please no one mention the amp, I'm gunna get rid soon but can't afford at the moment but since we're playing live n gunna be supporting chances are we won't be using our amps so I need a half decent pedal to keep my tone for gigs.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I would like to know this as well
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
The Double Muff has a very bright sound. You can get an almost clean boost out of it. One drawback is that there is no level control, but two gain controls. One for each stage. So you might find a crunch sound you like but the level won't be matched to bypass the way you like it. It a pedal you can either love or hate. Not like a Big Muff at all.
Quote by fly135
The Double Muff has a very bright sound. You can get an almost clean boost out of it. One drawback is that there is no level control, but two gain controls. One for each stage. So you might find a crunch sound you like but the level won't be matched to bypass the way you like it. It a pedal you can either love or hate. Not like a Big Muff at all.

this says it pretty well. a pedal that i've become very interested in recently is the jekyll and hyde OD/distortion, which might be worth looking at.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
well wow the price difference is huge over the pond. if you're looking for a thick distortion, try out the little big muff or the big muff pi. you can tweak the sound to lose the fuzzy edge for some distortion, although it might not be as crunchy as you'd want.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!