ANyone who owns the Roland VG-99 Virtual guitar system, i would really love to have the part number for the touch strip at the side of the unit. also if there is a special connector that is needed for its soldering to a circuitboard i would appreciat that number as well.

or if someone has a busted vg-99 that is beyond repair, would you mind selling me the piece?
google tells me it's called a "ribbon controller". see if you can find some DIY kit.




here's a couple.
Last edited by gnomieowns at Mar 23, 2009,
It doesn't list the part no. on the unit itself and there's no parts list in my manual either I'm afraid...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Teej212
thats terrible service on ROland's part. what if a piece broke?? what evs. thanks so much for looking, i guess im just going to have to use a membrane potentiometer :/


Becaue 9/10 times when something like that breaks, it is almost impossible for a consumer to replace due to the sheer complexity of it, or the soldering joints. It also means they make money on a repair and a part...