Is it ok to play a ipod through an amp my line 6 has a specific spot that says cd/mp3 in. I just didn't know if it would do any damage to the amp. Im playing it pretty low and its a 75 watt line6 so you guys think its ok?
Guitars- Ibanez rgx digital snow camo
Amplifiers- Randall 125 watt halfstack ( payed 350 for the stack )
it's fine.

keep volumes low at first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 23, 2009,
no they just put on an input just so the amp will implode when it is used for what its supposed to do.
ya, you can do it, its fine, i do it all the time. Its also fun to plug in the ipod and your guitar and what not to jam along with the original recording of the song.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
Quote by i_am_metalhead
They wouldn't put an mp3 in on the amp if your mp3 player would damage the amp.

ya i figured that but we played it through my firends bass amp for a while and then it made a weird ass noise but it cleared up so i was just checking. Its kinda weird though for it to play music i have to have a cable plugged in
Guitars- Ibanez rgx digital snow camo
Amplifiers- Randall 125 watt halfstack ( payed 350 for the stack )
Quote by Daire
no they just put on an input just so the amp will implode when it is used for what its supposed to do.

, He has a point.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
i do it and its fine
i have also even plugged it in to where the guitar goes to get maximum volume to scare people with --dont try this it might be too much for the amp to handle
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
Quote by Tojo62
ya, you can do it, its fine, i do it all the time. Its also fun to plug in the ipod and your guitar and what not to jam along with the original recording of the song.

I've done this, but be warned, whenever i play along to a recording like this the quality of my tone goes significantly down and i get scratchy playing. When I take it out it goes back to it's original quality. (not saying the quality it goes back to is all that great either... )