i havnt been practicing my guitar in days. the problem isnt me...i dont know whats up with my guitar!!

my amp is fine. i have a randall rg100sc and a boss gt-8 effects board. both cables work fine (one for the board to the amp, and the other for my guitar to the board.) but every time i plug one of the cables into my guitar, it (my guitar) doesnt pick up any sound. and yes. volume is up and everything is turned on.

and i dont know if its just the pickups, or my guitar is old...its a charvel btw
There's a preamp tube in the Randall...maybe there's a problem with that?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
probably a loose wire that needs to be soldered back on in your input jack or something
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by shadow__666
There's a preamp tube in the Randall...maybe there's a problem with that?

its a solid state amp. so i dont think thats the problem
Quote by killer puppy
its a solid state amp. so i dont think thats the problem

i think he's saying its a hybrid amp thus having a tube in it although being solid state, but i second the loose wire hypothesis
Id say its the preamp tubes are not to bad to replace so if we are wrong and its not that you haven't lost much if its not that id say check your input jack on your guitar and try seeing if there is a problem with your effects board i have a problem with the power plug for my boss gt-pro i had the power chord in it was on and everything looked in working order but no sound at all a replacement power chord fixed the problem entirely (not sure of specifically why)