I have an Ibanez, a ML-2 Metal Core Distortion pedal, and a Roland Cube 30x for an amp. I'm wondering how to get a good heavy metal sound with this set up. Heavy metal like Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, All That Remains, etc.

How do I get that kind of sound?
Don't use the pedal and try the R'fier setting. Gain at like half, treb mids and bass to taste or whatever.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Turn your bass and treble to like 80% and your mids to like 60%, and then just scan with the mid shifter on the distortion pedal till it sounds right
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
yea, i don't think this is the right place for this. not trying to be a douche, i personally love kse, but your gonna get flamed and bitched at.

in clock positions:

Amp:
Bass: 3 oclock
Trble: 1 oclock
Mid: 12 oclock

pedal:
Low: 12 oclock
high: 9 oclock
gain: around 2ish oclock or more.
Not to dash your hopes, but the 30x isn't going to get the kind of sound you want. You need a larger solid-state amp.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Thank you so much man. I just made this account here so I'm very new to this site. I saw the words Metal Core and forum and just thought I'd answer here.