ok guys idk if this is the right thread to post this in but i need songs for my 3 person band to learn... we are kind of beginner and the drummer is too broke to afford a doubl bass so i cant have any uper dooper faster bass drum. We want to learn thrash metl (wth sreaming) ad other types of metal withlow growls and grunts and no poser emo crap...we all hate that...any ways make the songs pretty easy and i have been playing guitar for 4 or 5 years on and off. and please make the tuning either drop c or d standard
oh and i already searched around for songs for the whole band in drop c and i couldnt find it so dont bug me about that please
Quote by stephen_rettie
beginners, no metal, no emo..

pop? you could form a boy band?

My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
hmmm, well, if u want a more metal sound, go for RATM. Or Try Stick To Your Guns, they're fuking great.

Or just do what everyone else is doing and just play breakdowns for 2 mins straight
do master of puppets, its a challenge but its not too hard. just skip the solo if you want.
The philosopher and Crystal mountain by Death aren't too hard, plus they're in D, and Kreator has some easier songs that are in D standard. You can just skip the double bass drumming until your drummer gets a second pedal. There's also probably a lot of metalcore/nu metal in drop c but I don't listen to that stuff at all so I can't reccomend anything specific.

The best thing to do would be to tune back up to E and play some easier Metallica, Megadeth type stuff.
Quote by stephen_rettie
beginners, no metal, no emo..

pop? you could form a boy band?

no not complete beginners me and the bassist have been playing 4 or 5 years and the drummer has been playing a bout 3 or 4 and we want to do metal
and if you are wondering whatis the hardest song i can play it is either one + solo or crazy train + solo
Quote by conkersbfd182
o and dont forget to play ****ING SLAYER!!!!!!!!!

Wat he said and make sure uts ****ing slayer nto just slayer also for whome the bell tolls by tallica is a great 1 and not hard
\m/ metal up your ass
Quote by metallicafan433
ok guys I don't know if this is the if this is the right thread to post this in, but i need songs for my trio to learn... we are kind of beginners and the drummer is too broke to afford a double bass pedal so we can't play anything requiring double bass work. We want to learn thrash metal (wth sreaming) ad other types of metal with low growls and grunts and no poser emo crap...we all hate that...Anyways, make the songs pretty easy and i have been playing guitar for 4 or 5 years on and off. and please make the tuning either drop c or d standard

Fixed
first correct your spelling. Don't use IM speak on the forums.

You rely on a forum to pickyour songs? most thrash metal is not in drop C or in D standard, nor does it have screaming. You can play any song, however, in these keys just play it like you would normally. It will simply sound lower. What do you define as thrash metal? Thrash to me is Antrhax, Megadeth, Testament, Watchtower, etc etc. Those bands dont really have screaming vocals. or low growls. They have raspy voices. For beginners, I reccommend you pick a few songs for covers and than go from there so you can get your band tighter.
How about

For Whom the bell Tolls- Metallica
I don't wanna stop- Ozzy
Overkill- Motorhead
Also I think if you want to sound different and set yourself apart from everyone else stay well away from drop tunings either stay in standard d tuning Sepultura/Refuse resist or War for territory easy songs then challenge yourseives with Death. Spread the word man the more people who stay away from drop tunings the better our metal community will be. And drop tunes
Last edited by aquagrave at Mar 27, 2009,
Drop tunings are not whats killing Metal communities outright i think (that could be attributed to poser bands) but Standard tunings are definatly the way to go
yeah man I probaly generalised to much on that i just think its hard to distinguish between drop tuned songs and bands it is like they all sound the same really almost like the idol tv shows popular for a few months then who?
I agree about drop tunings they suck going lower then drop D is pointles but all the band that want me 2 join wana play in drop C and so I'm still searchin lol long live standard tuning
\m/ metal up your ass
Last edited by Lchoke at Mar 29, 2009,
Quote by Highwaytohell
Fixed
first correct your spelling. Don't use IM speak on the forums.

You rely on a forum to pickyour songs? most thrash metal is not in drop C or in D standard, nor does it have screaming. You can play any song, however, in these keys just play it like you would normally. It will simply sound lower. What do you define as thrash metal? Thrash to me is Antrhax, Megadeth, Testament, Watchtower, etc etc. Those bands dont really have screaming vocals. or low growls. They have raspy voices. For beginners, I reccommend you pick a few songs for covers and than go from there so you can get your band tighter.
How about

For Whom the bell Tolls- Metallica
I don't wanna stop- Ozzy
Overkill- Motorhead

actually i dont rely on forums to choose songs i just wanted to see some new songs...sorry if it makes no sense.
and thanks you for the songs
sorry for my im talk i am very lazy
Quote by Lchoke
I agree about drop tunings they suck going lower then drop D is pointles but all the band that want me 2 join wana play in drop C and so I'm still searchin lol long live standard tuning

yeah man i flat out refuse to play any drop tunings I have been asked in the past to join various bands and found out their tunings I politely ask to tune to standard or D standard if not see you later. Im in a 3 piece now luckily with a guitarist who is as much against drop tunings as me so there is hope man
Quote by aquagrave
yeah man i flat out refuse to play any drop tunings I have been asked in the past to join various bands and found out their tunings I politely ask to tune to standard or D standard if not see you later. Im in a 3 piece now luckily with a guitarist who is as much against drop tunings as me so there is hope man

Same thing lol I hope I find some1 soon
\m/ metal up your ass
Quote by conkersbfd182
hmmm, well, if u want a more metal sound, go for RATM. Or Try Stick To Your Guns, they're fuking great.

Or just do what everyone else is doing and just play breakdowns for 2 mins straight

Sorry man but rage against the machine are no way near even approaching metal maybe more like limp plastic
Quote by Lchoke
Same thing lol I hope I find some1 soon

You will find someone man just stick to your principals of no drop tuning ruthlessly and dont let people try to talk you into it
Quote by metallicafan433
ok guys idk if this is the right thread to post this in but i need songs for my 3 person band to learn... we are kind of beginner and the drummer is too broke to afford a doubl bass so i cant have any uper dooper faster bass drum. We want to learn thrash metl (wth sreaming) ad other types of metal withlow growls and grunts and no poser emo crap...we all hate that...any ways make the songs pretty easy and i have been playing guitar for 4 or 5 years on and off. and please make the tuning either drop c or d standard

Quote by metallicafan433
and can anybody recomend songs that are like reptar king of the ozone?

You wanna play thrash but want songs like The Devil Wears Prada?

pathetic.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by octavarium78
You wanna play thrash but want songs like The Devil Wears Prada?

pathetic.

well i want to play thrash AND the devil wears prada is there a problem in there.... and yes i know that tdwp isnt thrash metal
in our set of covers we play war ensemble by Slayer as well as rawhide by blues brothers we love the fact people hear Slayer and a countryish song in the same set a real curve ball