Page 1 of 3
Terminator 2, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, is the best movie of all time.

Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcLI6QNYRs

The T-101 is the perfect action hero. He's badass beyond all reckoning. He drives a Harley. Five minutes into the movie and he throws a guy onto a stove. The fight scene in the Pescadero. "Hasta la vista, baby" Nuf said.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by bendystraw
Nice blag.

What does that mean?
Agreed, I grew up on this film, and it helped me become the gentleman I am today.

The ending is so sad though
So just SHUT your face, and take a seat,
'Cause after all you're just talking MEAT...

Last.fm

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Pierced Brosnan
Agreed, I grew up on this film, and it helped me become the gentleman I am today.

The ending is so sad though

I agree, just another testament to the amazing story.
sup, it's jc makin an apperance
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by bendystraw
you just blogged at us.

I'm still not sure what you mean, I was simply making a case for the best movie ever.

Quote by Connah
sup, it's jc makin an apperance

Hello! Are you still a carpenter?
yeah man its a sweet movie, my favorite as a kid. did you all know that the T-1000s brother in real life is the singer for filter?
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Ehh... it's good, but it's not the best ever. Saving Private Ryan is prolly the best. And I think Ironman is a way better movie than Terminator 2 (And Fag,.... I mean Dark Knight for that matter)
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
cool movie bro.

Quote by Skierinanutshel
all i have to say is T-X is

otherwise, T2 is friggin badass.

i need to make a Die Hard thread.

Doitnao.

Quote by Chevelle454
yeah man its a sweet movie, my favorite as a kid. did you all know that the T-1000s brother in real life is the singer for filter?

Oh, Robert Patrick? He's in the Marine, they make a reference to this movie. He's also in Last Action Hero.

Quote by Shirate
Ehh... it's good, but it's not the best ever. Saving Private Ryan is prolly the best. And I think Ironman is a way better movie than Terminator 2 (And Fag,.... I mean Dark Knight for that matter)

To each his own, I thought those were all good movies, though not on the par of T2
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 23, 2009,
How is the ending sad...? A terminator self destructs, its a damn computer, it has no emotions....
Quote by Skierinanutshel
ididitnao.

Quote by S)E-Javelin
How is the ending sad...? A terminator self destructs, its a damn computer, it has no emotions....

It learns emotion.

"I now know why you cry, but it's something I can never do."
Quote by Kevin Saale

It learns emotion.

"I now know why you cry, but it's something I can never do."

So...? It doesn't feel anything, how can you feel bad for a computer?
Quote by S)E-Javelin

But it does feel, it learns how, that's the point. It's possible to develop emotions for machines in movies. Don't tell me that little robot in Batteries not included didn't tug on your heart strings when it started picking up that little ceramic tile.

Oh, I forgot, Bad to the Bone. Could a song ever describe something as perfectly as that song?
Quote by Kevin Saale
But it does feel, it learns how, that's the point. It's possible to develop emotions for machines in movies. Don't tell me that little robot in Batteries not included didn't tug on your heart strings when it started picking up that little ceramic tile.

Its a ROBOT, it does not feel pain or emotion. The Terminator tries to study emotion, it tried to understand why humans cry, it doesn't actually try to feel emotion you morons because IT CANT.

Its a ****ing computer, a machine, it does not feel ANYTHING.
Quote by rollingstones
great movie. no doubt. Unfortunately you forgot rambo. Best action hero ever. period.

Agree to disagree! Good movie, bit too slow for my tastes.

Quote by S)E-Javelin
Its a ROBOT, it does not feel pain or emotion. The Terminator tries to study emotion, it tried to understand why humans cry, it doesn't actually try to feel emotion you morons because IT CANT.

Its a ****ing computer, a machine, it does not feel ANYTHING.

"I'm a neural net processor, a learning computer"

"You mean you can learn things your weren't programmed with"

"Yes"
Quote by S)E-Javelin

wall-e is a robot. he has plenty of emotions
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by MetalMegaMan

+1
well it depends what rambo your talking about. the first one is slower. but in the second one he takes out an entire vietnamese army base by himself, third he and his captain take out a bunch of i think iraqies, the newest one is the same deal as the 2nd.
Quote by MetalMegaMan

different movie, different circumstances...not to mention its a lot more realistic than wall-e which was a ****ing kids movie, of course they have to give the characters emotions or else the movies gonna be dull as ****.

in the terminator universe, terminators are super computers built to terminate...thats it, they have no emotions. You can take that processor from a t-101 and put it a T-1, its the same thing.

Last edited by S)E-Javelin at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by rollingstones
well it depends what rambo your talking about. the first one is slower. but in the second one he takes out an entire vietnamese army base by himself, third he and his captain take out a bunch of i think iraqies, the newest one is the same deal as the 2nd.

I was referring to the first one, I like it better than the second.

Quote by S)E-Javelin
different movie, different circumstances...not to mention its a lot more realistic than wall-e which was a ****ing kids movie, of course they have to give the characters emotions or else the movies gonna be dull as ****.

in the terminator universe, terminators are super computers built to terminate...thats it, they have no emotions. You can take that processor from a t-101 and put it a T-1, its the same thing.

Dude, it's not hard to understand, it learns how to feel emotion. Of course it doesn't make sense, it's a movie, it doesn't have too.
Quote by S)E-Javelin
robotz

Just because you don't personally find something touching or whatever, it doesn't mean others can't.

Last.fm

Quote by Schism1985
it learns to mimic emotion i think, it doesn't actually feel any.

Listen to the end.

"I know now why you cry, but it's something I can never do."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEMICfWLOig

2:20

Tell me that's not fucking emotion.

Quote by Pierced Brosnan
Just because you don't personally find something touching or whatever, it doesn't mean others can't.

Quote by Kevin Saale
I was referring to the first one, I like it better than the second.

Dude, it's not hard to understand, it learns how to feel emotion. Of course it doesn't make sense, it's a movie, it doesn't have too.

How can it feel any emotion if its not conscious? Its a super computer that thinks based on probability...

I know its a movie and IN THE MOVIE, it feels no emotions.
Quote by Schism1985
Right. it understands what emotion is. what does that prove?

Look at the way he wipes the tear off, that's emotion. To each their own.

Quote by S)E-Javelin
How can it feel any emotion if its not conscious? Its a super computer that thinks based on probability...

I know its a movie and IN THE MOVIE, it feels no emotions.

It learns them. In a movie where robots time travel to kill/protect a kid and you can't believe a robot has emotions....

Terminator was cool... Terminator 2 was even cooler.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I think it's sad regardless of if the robot feels emotion, John clearly looks at the robot as a friend and hero, and doesn't want him to go, he then has to watch his 'friend' slowly burn up. This combined with the music and the thumb thing = sad in my mind.

Last.fm

Quote by Yeti60
Terminator was cool... Terminator 2 was even cooler.

Quote by Pierced Brosnan
I think it's sad regardless of if the robot feels emotion, John clearly looks at the robot as a friend and hero, and doesn't want him to go, he then has to watch his 'friend' slowly burn up. This combined with the music and the thumb thing = sad in my mind.

Well said!
Quote by Kevin Saale
Look at the way he wipes the tear off, that's emotion. To each their own.

Maybe one of its objectives was to comfort John Connor? You do realize that it was sent by Connor to go protect the past Connor and to ready him into becoming the leader of the resistence? There's so many reasons why he did that random action other than that the damn robot felt sorry for him...seriously think outside of the box please.

Quote by Kevin Saale
It learns them. In a movie where robots time travel to kill/protect a kid and you can't believe a robot has emotions....

How is that so hard to comprehend? Did you even understand the storyline?

Skynet, a SUPER SUPER COMPUTER has become so sophiscated and intelligent that 30 years into the future, it figures out time travel....that's not nearly as improbable as a robot that can feel emotions.
Last edited by S)E-Javelin at Mar 23, 2009,
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Maybe one of its objectives was to comfort John Connor? You do realize that it was sent by Connor's wife to go protect Connor and to ready him into becoming the leader of the resistence? There's so many reasons why he did that random action other than that the damn robot felt sorry for him...seriously think outside of the box please.

True, that's possible. Agree to disagree on our theories?

The Terminator in T2 was sent by John Connor, the one in T3 killed Connor in the future and was sent by Kate

How is that so hard to comprehend? Did you even understand the storyline?

Skynet, a SUPER SUPER COMPUTER has become so sophiscated and intelligent that 30 years into the future, it figures out time travel....that's not nearly as improbable as a robot that can feel emotions.

I don't want to debate it in this thread, but IMO time travel is more improbable.

Quote by S)E-Javelin

honestly you're getting too worked up over this... go smoke a blunt or something.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Page 1 of 3