do you have any experience with this guitar???
how is the Floyd???
is the neck good???
how does it feel/weigh??
how are the EpiActive Pickups??

and how is the Schecter Omen EXtreme FR
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Mar 23, 2009,
I've only tried it out twice for probably about an hour and a half total, but for what it's worth here's my impressions of it:

Floyd: very good. It's an Original Floyd Rose, not a licensed copy. On the EM-2's I tried, I found they had installed the Floyd on those better than they had on the Gibson Custom Shop Axcesses (though that might just be an example of how bad the Gibson Axcess is rather than how good the EM-2 is). Anyhoo, the point is the two I've tried had the best vibrato bridges I've ever used. Installed perfectly and yeah, OFRs, so what more do you want?

Neck: Slightly thinner than the usual Epi neck I felt. I prefer thicker necks so personally I didn't like it too much, but the satin finish on the back of it was very nice. Frets seemed a little smaller than those you get on Ibanez, ESP, etc style guitars. Taking into account that I like big thick necks and tiny fretwire, I preferred the EM-2's neck to most 'shred' guitar's necks, but I still didn't like it. However I know most people here love thin necks and big fretwire, so I guess really for you this will probably be a good thing.

Weight: The ones I tried weighed a little more than the typical Stratocaster, but a bit less than most SGs. Good balance to it, no neck dive or anything. Feel was a little odd, the deep 'scoop' cutout feels a little odd at the higher frets but I imagine you would get used to it (after all like I said, I did only try them briefly). The main thing though is the bolt-on joint is pretty great, better than most Strat guitars. Fret access couldn't be better. Only things I didn't like was how the pickup selector was in between the volume and tone controls, just a bit of a weird layout.

EpiActives: FANTASTIC. I tried them in both passive and active mode. In passive they sound like the regular Epi Alnico V pickups, but a bit higher output. I won't lie, they weren't as good as a set of aftermarket pickups from a brand like Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio, but as far as stock pickups go, very nice. In active mode they were... acceptable. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like active pickups. They were quite as utterly noiseless as EMGs or Seymour Duncan Blackouts, but they sounded a tiny bit more natural. I assume that's due to their double passive/active potential. If you really want the hard synthetic active sound then get some active EMGs, if you really want a good fully organic passive sound get a couple of Seymour Duncans or something, but if you can't make up your mind or you simply can't afford to change pickups right away then don't worry, the EpiActive pickups are 'good enough'. I won't be surprised if they start putting them in every Epiphone from now on.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^WOW thats a wall of text rite thar.
srrsly thanks for the info ive been dying to try one of em but my store doesnt carry them. Im a passive kinda guy and i really hate actives because of their noise and the pain of changing batteries.

and thanks again for the info
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^WOW thats a wall of text rite thar.
srrsly thanks for the info ive been dying to try one of em but my store doesnt carry them. Im a passive kinda guy and i really hate actives because of their noise and the pain of changing batteries.

and thanks again for the info

Actives are dead silent. And they rarely get muddy.

Batteries last about 6 months-a year and changes take 5 minutes tops in most guitars. This is possibly the most wrong bandwagon on UG.

Sorry to sound like a fanboy, but if you like the sound of actives, they are awesome pickups.

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Mar 23, 2009,
^well we all have likes and dislikes and if it sounds good to you ears then good but it doesnt sounds good to my ears. and im not in any bandwagon for active pickups, i just dont really like em' sorry.
and what i mean about noise is the extra gain it gives the amp, i tried them with a 5150 and it was too much gain for me to handle and i play Metalcore and Thrash.
no hard feelings bud i love passives and you like actives if you're happy im happy
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^well we all have likes and dislikes and if it sounds good to you ears then good but it doesnt sounds good to my ears. and im not in any bandwagon for active pickups, i just dont really like em' sorry.
and what i mean about noise is the extra gain it gives the amp, i tried them with a 5150 and it was too much gain for me to handle and i play Metalcore and Thrash.
no hard feelings bud i love passives and you like actives if you're happy im happy

Sorry. I tend to unleash the FOCKING FURY whenever I sense a bandwagon.

i thought the prophecy SG played way better than the EM2, but then again it was more expensive and didn't have a floyd rose.
Quote by Tedward
it was more expensive and didn't have a floyd rose.

thats almost an oxymoron these days
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
wut is an oxymoron???
and does anyone have experience with the Omen Extreme ????? im thinking of buying the omen or the Em-2.
feel free to add me